chronicPain
I recently detoxed from a bad hydro habit.  the WD were terrible and I never want to do that again.  If I take Tramadol for 1 week and then hydro for 1 and switch back and forth, will that avoid WD when i quit again?
I was diagnosed with 2 chronic conditions, both which cause alot of pain.  I cant live without help from pain meds as the quality of my life is terrible.
so my question, if i take the meds exactly as prescribed and alternate weeks, will that get me through the WD when (hopefully) my medicine for my conditions kick in and I wont need it anymore?
i'm sorry about your chronic pain conditions. and i am very familiar with opiate addictions and detox. now as far as i've researched on tramadol, it also has a very small amount of opiates in it. and i've also read horror stories of people who were on just tramadol for pain and still experienced terrible w/d symptoms once they stopped taking the medication. so even if you alternate week to week the 2 different drugs, that doesn't necessarily mean you won't experience some sort of w/d once you stop. and i know that ***** to hear, especially since you actually need your medicine because you are in pain. but i'm also not a doctor, so you might want to speak with your's and find out what their advice on the matter may be. and i'm sure others will come along and give you some more great advice. good luck with your situation. i really hope your able to relieve the pain without having to deal with any type of w/d once it's gone. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.