Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
despresseddddddd....how long??

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

despresseddddddd....how long??

day 2 is just beginning...not feeling too bad phsyically yet but really desprssed, hopeless. i can think of a single positive thing. how long does this feeling last? All i want to do is lay in bed and sleep....but i cant of course...got work, my family etc etc etc...this is hell and the real pain hasnt even started yet : (
I depression is much worse than the physical pain for me. I couldn't take it and went to NA after 1 1/2 weeks. The people there were great and made me feel better. Physically I was good after 10 day but it took me about 20 days b/f I was happy. Then after about 30 days I was feeling great.
i just pray i can make it to day 10...i am really struggling.
YOU WILL make it to day 10, dyingtolive3!
I feel your heartache.
Have you looked into antidepressents? Im sure your aware of the whole "chemical imbalance" addiction creates, so depending how long/much you've been using, will depend on your bodys mental rehabilitation.
A lot of it has to do with our mind, and how we think.
Look into councelling, CBT, group meetings (NA, depression, anxiety).
I found that soaking up the sun did absolute wonders for me this time I detoxed. Im constantly trying to stay motivated and inspired. I watch motivational videos on youtube whenever Im down. Or I jam to a song that pumps me up....and I just get amped for the day. You must keep busy and NOT isolate yourself. Thats when your addict mind wins. You sit there and think and think and think about using. You then play games with yourself and ask - should I use?
I was lookiing after my parents house while they were on vacation- and my parents love love love gardening and their plants. My mind was already set-I thought gardening was dumb and boring. I made fun of my parents all the time about their garden. How flowers just die after a few weeks. The amount of work to care for them, isnt worth it in my eyes. Well, lucky for me, the irrigation system broke before they left....and I was forced to water and care for all their plants for 2 weeks. I spent at least 4 hours a day outside watering, pruning, sweeping, etc. During that 4 hrs, I did think about using, but it faded quickly because I had sooooo much to do. I also found out that I LOVE gardening, and love the sunshine a ridiculous amount! It literally fed me energy.
My point is- find something you love, or would pique your creative interests, and go for it. It may stimulate your natural endorphines, keep you occupied, and you will have fun.....sober!!!!
Best wishes girl, I know you have it in you. Believe in yourself....and you will be amazed what your capable of conquering!!!

PS> I was at the lowest of the lull a few weeks ago....hit rock bottom, thought I would never get clean, thought I would die from my addiction. Today, 10 days sober, and Ive felt the best Ive ever felt in the last few years. It IS POSSIBLE!!! BELIEVE!
I am on day 2... I feel your pain. I have to believe that februarystars is right in keeping busy and finding things that you enjoy. I spent 2 hours yesterday thinking about what I would like to try as a hobby... For so long my time has been spent drinking so I really dont even know what I like to do. I think the hardest part is getting out of the house and going for it. I also agree about sunshine, it does make you feel better. You are not alone! Hang in there!
I am on day 6, I was addicted for 4 yrs and decided to quit cold turkey, I am not really depressed though just all over muscle aches and no sleep, the thing that has helped me most is getting on this site a few times daily and seeing I am not alone in this , and reading that others are taking the steps to get over this also .  I wish everyone the best of luck in this .
Hi all, Im back. I cant recall my password nor emai used so had to create a new user name etc..I ended up going to rehab facility. It was a profound experience. I am now opiate free and will be forever. They detoxed me with suboxone on a 5 day taper. Had withdrawals from that for a short time but Im home now and better than ever. For the first time in many years I can think clearly,feel great physically and am a different person. I encourage anybody who is having a hard time getting off the stuff to see a good dr, not a script writer, not a sub clinic not a methadone clinic but a real dr. do it for yourself, do it for the you that you will become in the future.