Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
did i screw up

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

did i screw up

I quit on tues morn. cold turkey from taking percet for about 8 months , I did qit for 3 weeks in that period of time but got sucked back in !! I do  move around better at work on them but I cant control them and  eat my script up in no time !!!! I make good money so I just buy more at street prices!!!II I spending way too much and hate it !!! before I weened it and  it was way easier !This time I didn't and made it 4 day before I did a small dose of oxy which really didn't do much !!! Is thi gonna **** my recovery up!! Even my doctor thought I was nuts for quittn cold turkey !!!!!!11
0%
 (0) 
am I gonna extend this crap?
0%
 (0) 
I didnt feel nuttn so wiil i be ok?
0%
 (0) 
did i screw up ?
0 Members voted
Tags: uit
Hey friend, I'm trying to stop taking pain meds. I've read your post and was wondering how you are dealing with the pain. I'm ashamed to say that I gave in after two days. I have been keeping myself busy. Trying not to think about it. Setting short term goals. But a friend came to see me tonight at work and had some meds in him from a recent car accident. I told him no at first. Then he said he wasn't going to charge me and have me three. I didn't even think about it. They were in me so fast. I felt like screaming. Now, I'm still at work and it feels normal. I'm more talkative, I'm working harder than usual. Feels good. But I'm screaming inside. I'm not sure what to do now. I miss my old self. I used to be so active. Working out every day. Eating healthy. Spending time with family and friends. Life was good. Every since I broke my hand years ago, I've been on these pills off and on since. But lately it's been worse. I find myself searching for them. I even went to the urgent care and faked an injury to get pain meds. That's sad isn't it?? I've spent so much money on these things. I really thought after two days I would be ok. But the more I read about detox, withdraws and PAWS, the scarier it gets for me.
For withdrawing you need to detox under medical supervision.That's the safest and best way to quit.A 21 day program wont work unless you really have sober family to go to after graduating from a rehab.I been to so many treatment centers and hospitals for detox from both alcohol and pain killers.My last round of partying almost killed me,so even 2 yrs ago after graduating again from a center here in NY,i went and moved in with my parents.I was 37 now i'll be 39 in Nov.I moved with them cause they don't even take asprin.Talk about clean.If i had of left that center and went back to my apt where i was surrounded by pain killers ranging from Vicodin 10's to fentanyl patches and a pocket full of money with the liquor store down the street,i'd be dead.