Aa
A
A
Close
1508698 tn?1360219310
happy to be sober/suggestions for getting through urges
I am 3 months clean and I am feeling better and better everyday.  I am still having urges to use, not nearly as much as I was having.  I am going to AA because my town does not have NA but it helps so much.  I love the meetings.  Sometimes it is really hard to get through the urges that sometimes last a long time but sometimes they last only a minute.  I have been doing really good with my urges to use but I was wondering what everybody else does when they get urges.  I can always use suggestions that will help keep me sober.  I am so glad I have made it this long.  my life hasn't been this good in ten years.  
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1508698 tn?1360219310
Still need some suggestions.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
4113881 tn?1415853876
" I have been doing really good with my urges to use but I was wondering what everybody else does when they get urges."

I pray.... I remember everything I lost.... I remind myself what it felt like to detox.... I call someone ...I talk to my therapist....

A lot of people do different things to deal or cope with urges. They do diminish over time though....a lot! Just keep pushing...your doing great.

It gets better!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I practice yoga and meditation while listening to music. Listen to the music you love**
Yoga is really revitalizing-a challenge at first, but your improvement is that much more motivating and is wonderful for your health, from breathing to flexibility to keeping a calm state of mind.
Going on a hike and really noticing all that's around you, observing and appreciating pther forms of life in your environment.
I watch documentaries and read books that will teach me about things I never knew before... Watch comedies to lighten my mood
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources
Top Addiction Answerers
Blank
gnarly_1