Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
has anyone heard of park Place recovery in Bowling Green, ky.

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

want my son to go there
I hope that you get an answer that is specific to this particular rehab, and of course you've probably input "Questions to ask a drug rehab" online, or you can do that now.

I know from experience that a longer term care program would up the chances for your son to be able to quit is drug of choice.

What are the aftercare options? Can he attend a sober living house from Bowling Green?

Is there an extensive Family Program, and are you willing to keep an open mind and not be defensive allowing the therapist and yourselves to look at his home life honestly, and perhaps finding triggers in his own family home? Nobody is perfect, and only what's happening now is important.

Whether or not to go on additional medication is your choice, not the doctors. When I went in, the choice came up. Many chose to go on Methadone, and continued with the same type of addiction and withdrawal many many years later. I chose to be drug free.  Most did not.  I think it would be worth discussing a plan prior to this question coming up. HUGS NOT DRUGS.  Relying on a substantial sober commitment coupled with understanding family support and proper aftercare is critical and on point.

Many people end up relapsing and attending more than one treatment center.  In order to avoid this painful situation, in my opinion, you must ask the right questions before hand and commit to maximum treatment exposure when the addict is first seeking treatment.

Do you mind me asking, how older your son is and if he has attended any other source of treatment. ie. AA or NA?

It is important for families not to feel alone in this process. Again, do you mind me asking if you have ever attended Al-Anon or Narc-Anon?

I'm assuming that this is your first question, I may be wrong, but I think that I might lose this post if I check out your profile. I don't want to miss saying Welcome to Medhelp, should this be your first post.

You are not alone Mom. Hugs. Liz
I see that you are new, and that you are a Dad. Welcome Dad!!!