Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
hydrocodons withdraws help

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

hydrocodons withdraws help

I've just reached 100 hours on being clean it's the farthest I've ever went being on them. I would take anywhere from 12-18 10mg dones everyday for about a little less than 2 years. I love the high I just hate how I depend on them to just go out. I know everyone has deferent reactions from the withdraws but I want to here y'all's story. How long before the withdraws are done for you how long before you started to get back to your old self. Please don't tell me months Il fall down now.
Also is there anything to hurry the process?
I've recently started to take a small dose of xanex a quarter of a totaled of 2 in 3 days do you think that's okay for the first few weeks to help with the dones withdraw. If I keep it at a small dose?
Everybody is different...different drugs...doses...duration...When I kicked opiates, Id say it took 9 days for most of the physical stuff to simmer down...the mental stuff, anxiety etc...a little longer.

I wouldn't say you can hurry the process along but rather if you stay hydrated and eat...your body will get the needed nutrients to heal. Ive posted this before and Ill post it again for you, I'm an herb person. I feel herbs help. Especially with the sleep and anxiety issues that come from withdrawal. Here is my list:

The herb Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis) is used as a sedative on the nervous system and a relaxant for the muscles (Reader's Digest, 2009, Pp128). It also helps with headaches, which can sometimes be a result of an anxiety attack. According to Mosby's the recommended dosage of Valerian extract is 400-900mg, before bedtime (2010, Pp592). It is recommended that Valerian not take with MAOIs.
The herb Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis L.) is used as a sedative and it has mood-enhancing abilities(Reader's Digest, 2009, Pp73). The leaves are the part of the plant that is used and can come in an extract. According to Mosby's the recommended dosage is 80mg of Lemon Balm extract combinewith120mg Valerian root extract, tid (three times a day) (2010, Pp390).
The herb Kava (Piper methysticum) has a sedative and it is an anxiolytic (Skidmore-Roth, 2010, Pp.369). Anxiolytic is defined, by the Mirriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, as a drug that relieves anxiety. It acts directly on the limbic system, which is the parts of the brain that are concerned with emotion and motivation. According to Mosby's the recommended dosage of Kava extract is 45-70mg tid (2010, Pp370). Take it with a meal for increased absorption. It is also recommended that it not be given to children under 12 (Skidmore-Roth, 2010, Pp370).
The mineral Magnesium works as a muscle relaxant, which can be helpful to someone suffering from anxiety issues. The stress of anxiety can take it's toll on the shoulder muscles and the neck muscles. According to the Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements the recommended daily intake of Magnesium is 280mg (Murray, 1996, Pp161).
Although all of the B vitamins can aid in the calming of anxiety issues, vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) seems to be the most important because it helps to form chemical transmitters in the nervous system (Murray, 1996, Pp100). According to the Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements the recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is 2mg (Murray, 1996, Pp101).

____________________________________________________________

Xanax may help with the anxiety, RLS...but be careful to not replace one drug for another. It gets better...just keep pushing.

Good luck
Thank you so much for replying so you think those herbs will help with sleepless nights? Where could I find this stuff store wise I'm starting to feel a lot better just my stomach isn't back to normal doesn't hurt but not back to normal yet. Also the inurupted sleepless nights are starting to take a tole on my mental state if mine. I just need that one good night sleep to get on the home stretch.
The herbs helped me sleep...You can get them at most health foods stores or online. Amazon carries all this stuff. The sleepless night were horrible but the herbs helped relax...especially the Kava. I got it as a tea and would have a cup at night...very helpful.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=YT-1015&sourceType=sc&source=fg&adGroup=20-40&keyword=YT-1015&cm_mmc=Google+Shopping-_-Product+Listing+Ads-_-20-40-_-YT-1015&gclid=CPHrgKXnjLUCFQhyQgod33wAJQ#.UQdagmdRySo

They are all pretty affordable to.
I just finished day 6 on day 7 now I worked out really hard and exercised yesterday. Still couldn't sleep and now I'm just tired can't sleep and I think I'm becoming a little depressed. Is this normal the depressed part that is. The urge to take them for me is pretty much gone and the only problems I'm haveing now is sleeplessness and I think depression or exhaustion from lack of sleep.
Sleeeeeeeeep!!!
Congrats on the days your putting together. It takes a while before you will get a good nights sleep but your almost there. Keep it up. It's normal to feel depressed...and yes, lack of sleep doesn't help.
Feels like the restless legs are coming back can that happend I'm on day 7 1/2 and last few days my legs been fine
How long was it till the physical part was 100% done for you. Also how long till the mental effect was done. I like to set goals where you less addicted or more? All I took was dones but 2 years.
"Feels like the restless legs are coming back can that happend I'm on day 7 1/2 and last few days my legs been fine "

Yes, That's one of the lingering withdrawal symptoms. I believe it has to do with the anxiety. Try taking walks...maybe one in the morning and one at night. It will come and go but eventually pass altogether.

"How long was it till the physical part was 100% done for you. Also how long till the mental effect was done. I like to set goals where you less addicted or more? All I took was dones but 2 years. "

In my opinion, the physical stuff should be significantly better 9-14 days. Ive kicked, hydromorphone, vics, oxies, and herion. My last go round, it took me 2 weeks for the physical stuff (I was injecting) but only went on a 5 month run that time. Been clean 3 years now. It gets better...life is good now.
That's amazing man good for you I know that couldn't have been easy. I'm glad you stuck with it for 3 years that's impressive. How did you deal with the not being high part anymore I loved the buzz I got I guess I hate the fact that I think long term and think your just going to feel normal. Idk if I said this but thank you for replying to all my questions
I am on Day 7..day 1 and 2 were the worse!!!! Day 3 was good but didn't do much. day 4 back to work and normalcy. my regret to stopping...should not have been the weekend...to easy to not keep busy. no more restless legs...1/2 xanax at night...wishing u the best...take care
"How did you deal with the not being high part anymore...."

It's weird, for me...Ive put together clean time...then relapsed...clean....relapse....so on. Im not a big NA/AA guy. I used to go and leave wanting to use more than before the meeting. Thats just me though...the program works for many...but with addiction there's no "one size fits all". I haven't been to a meeting in 3 years...and on Feb 2nd it will be 3 years clean. I do see a therapist and participate in support groups...go to church some.

Ok....I got off subject...sorry. So, the not getting high part....well, this last run/relapse cost me everything. EVERYTHING....wife, car, kids, great job....everything. So, the reason I brought up NA is because there belief about hitting bottom and that for an addict to be clean they need to hit there's. Bottoms vary for people...some are lower than others. Some bottom out the first DUI...(no one size). But, I was broken and at my bottom and these 3 years have been my crawling back up and putting it back together. When I think about opiates, I get mad....because of all I lost behind them...I cant even remember what it was like to be high as I was really just "getting well" every day. Pills were maintenance so I wouldn't get sick.

I know I just wrote you a book, Im just saying some people get to that point where it sickens them and dont want to get high no matter what. Cravings only lasted a little after the detox but since...Ive just associated opiates with loss.

There is no more "high" for me.

No need to say thanks for responding. I genuinely hope that you get through this detox and move forward in life. It just gets worse...every time you go back...its worse. Stay the course and it will get better. I'm pulling for ya!
It took me about a week and a half to start feeling better.  After that I was exhausted for about a month.  Excersize helps alot, you just have to push yourself to do it.  Vitamins also help alot.  Hope you get to feeling better.  Be strong and know with time it does get better.
Ya I'm on day 11 withdrawls I feel are done these last few days i workout rid bike eat fruit everyday but can't get good sleep. I get really tired but can't sleep so soon as I get the sleep I'm home free
Congrats on your journey don't give up. Your brain is your worse enemy because it wants the drugs. Beware of using Xanax because it stimulates the same area of the brain so it's kind of like a tease. There are alternatives for sleep Vistaril is non addictive antihistamine that helps with anxiety and sleep. It does not tease the section of the brain that causes you to crave or feel bad. Good luck stay strong and know everyday gets better besides who wants to go through this starting from day one?
Almost 2 weeks
i stopped an started 20 to 30 times n the last 8 year ever made it more then  2 3 then here i go iam out looking. i would say about two weeks the first 4 to 6 days is the worst.i wish u the best of luck
I'm so happy for you! I remember when you had 100 hours...and now almost 2 weeks!! That's fantastic...I'm really...really happy for you. Keep it up! You have your life back.

Hello I was reading ur post an was wondering if u had any advice u could give me on u helping ur son get off herion . I am addicted and scared of withdrawal . Any advice?? Would greatly appreciate it .
Hey,  first off congrats!   The most difficult part is getting off of it. I was on percs for over 1-1/2 years and at my peak was doing 190-10s, 35-30s and 35-5s a month. The feeling of control but not in control, the europhoric state of mind, the pleasure of no pain. All things I miss. I am 17 days clean today and I will tell you it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do!!!  I still hurt and can only work 1/2 days. Some say it could take up to 3 months to get back to normal.  All I can say is hang in there!!!   The worst is behind u!   Take hot baths and Ni-quill at night. You will get thru this!!
Im on day 8 withdrawal and Im being told sleeplisness can last from a couple weeks to a month. I also have no energy at all whatsoever which makes me depressed. The no energy and no sleep can last anywere from a few weeks to 3 to 6 months. Hang in there though you got this. You said your workin out and stuff Thats great keep up the good work! The more you stay busy the better. Also check out The Thomas Recipe.
Well I'm on day 28 now I've been getting about 6 hours of sleep a night for about two weeks. Last few days I've gotten about a good 71/2- 8 hour sleeps. I feel normal again sometimes I think about poping one but start doing something else. Mostly when I'm bored I want to thank everyone that answered my question the first week was the worst. 28 days that's crazy. Hopefully 328 days. I know if I popped one I wouldn't have to go threw the withdrawals all over again but I know I will be ashamed of myself and that 28 days is gone. So I think that keeps me from saying hey it's been 4 weeks one won't affect you! Just wanted to update y'all goodluck.
Day 60 thank y'all for the answers and support!
Hey texan, wow that is so awesome. Very proud of you and so happy for you. What are you doing to help prevent relapse? Counseling, support groups, working out, new hobby, old hobby, church, volunteering?
Keep your mind and body occupied. Make sure all sources are cut off.
Congrats on a job well done. Keep on keepin on.
Debbie
Well done! I am on day 4. You guys are an inspiration to me!
Planting trees like a maniac, trying to exhaust my self so I can sleep :-) baked chocolate eclairs at 4 am this morning!  Restless legs driving me mad, but I'm doing it and feeling better very day!
I just workout and try to hang with friends stay active much as possible those first two weeks were the worst. Now it's just a mental thing! Normalnelly you've gotten threw the peaks of withdrawls. Sleep is hardest part I'm not 100% yet wearing your self out wont help u sleep I've tried it will make you more tired and no sleep feel horrible the next day but it could help you.
I am on hour 100 of 10-15 hydros a day.  That started two months ago.  Before I was doing 6-8.  I started taking them 4 yrs ago for back pain and just esculated from there.  I have been taking vitamins, lots of water and gatoraid, Trying to eat, but not hungry.  I had a rx for xanax and have been taking half of a .5 mg four times a day.  I knew I was going to stop CT so I have been taking potasium for RLS.  I have no expereienced much withdrawal. Headache neckache and major sweats.  Little diarrhea not much.  Am I going to get worse before better.  I thought 24-72 hr. were the worst.  I am nervous. Thanks for listening.
I need your in put on my situation.  I am almost to 120 hrs (5 days) since my last does of hydro.  I was like you taking 12-15 a day for the last month or two. Before that I was taking 6-10.  It started over four years ago.  Took as directed and just esculated.  I have had some but not a lot of withdrawals.  Have not been hungry but have tried to eat some.  Staying very hydrated.  Sweats, headache, neckache off and on.  I take a half of a .5 xanax four times a day.  Had some diarrhea but not terrible.  Are my withdrawal symptoms going to get worse or just stay the same.  I have been off of work, but need to go back as soon as I can.  Taking a lof of vitamins.  I am nervous and jittery but the xanax tones that down. Also shaky.  I knew is was going to quit ct so I started taking potasium a week before I stopped and i have not had much RLS.  I see you were taking about as much a I was so I would appreciate some input.  Thank you Texan....