Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
pregnancy and rehab

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

pregnancy and rehab

Does anyone know anywhere in the middle tn area that will actually detox a pregnant women. Called everywhere I could think of and getting frustrated that I honestly want to get help but seems like no one is willing to do so.
Hi & WELCOMe to the community!

The First post here lists all rehabs (treatment centers by state). THAT IS a great place to begin. THE MEMBers you are talking with here are spread out all over the country, and the world actually, so you will have to do a little foot work to find a place in your area. If you cannot find anything, please post again and we will help you find what you need.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Alcohol-Drug-Rehab/This-is-lists-of-rehabs-state-by-state-as-well-as-what-ins-they-will-take/show/1582149

In the meantime, I understand your wanting to do this and that is great but you need to be working with your OBGYN to find a safe way to detox. Have you contacted your doctor yet? Does he/she know?

Stay here and talk with us and we will help you. Glad you are trying to get clean but let's talk about what is safe for both you and your baby.
I finally broke down and told my ob after calling every rehab in middle tn none will take me unless I've detoxed first...but then everyone I talked to said its not safe for me to detox and that I should keep using.. I don't want to keep using but scared ill go into premature labor. I have an appointment Monday with my ob... I never thought it would be this difficult to get into rehab.
just commented to you on other post. that is great you were honest with your doctor. what are you taking? your doctor will give you a taper plan.YOU HAVE TO STICK TO IT.
someone will have to hold your pills for you. it is best to detox before the baby is born.
praying for you
debbie
It doesn't matter what you are taking, or how much. You NOW realize that it is important to get clean for your baby and for you hun. Talk with your doctor on Monday, see what he/she says. It may be possible that they can get you into a treatment center. EITHER WAy, you have made the right decision to call. Being honest at this point is so important. I'm proud of you and please know that there IS help out there. Good for You!!!!

In the meantime, keep talking here with us and just letting it all out. You have made the first step--a big step at that. EverythIng will work out from here!!!!

Sending You big hugs.........
Maybe I missed something but I dont see where your doctor said they will put you on a taper plan .I Here them saying they  wont help you get off the drugs and help until you do but I dont see a plan . Yes wd during pregnancy can cause  premature labor . I will look threw that list and see which Places take pgt ladies because some do now you may have to go out of state but that does happen.
i said it was good she was honest with her doctor and the doctor WILL give her a taper plan. and that she WILL  have to stick to it.
Try this site  http://dasis3.samhsa.gov/ now i know there is a center in FLA that takes preg ladies you may dont be able to find one in your state but its just finding one that will help.

http://dasis3.samhsa.gov/
Check this one out two now remeber u might have to look out of your state http://interventionamerica.org/
Only problem about going out of state that im scared of is paying for it.. tenncare will pay for most of the rehabs in tn..but I don't know how that will work out of state. like I said earlier I had no clue that it would be this hard to get into a place. I just don't know if I have enough time left in my pregnancy for a taper plan. Im 32 weeks now, due date is october 15th. I will see what my ob says on Monday. Im so terrified of losing my baby, but I know I have to deal with whatever happens because of my stupidity. thank you all for commenting back, even when I called around to rehabs, some of the admissions people seemed to talk with disgust in their voices, it makes me feel a little bit better to know there are people out there who wont judge and who care and understand. I wont blame my decision all on being an addict, to me I feel like that's not accepting the blame for what I've done. I just wish some people would understand that no matter how easy they view stuff like this, its not... its not all a mind over matter situation. Its a vicious cycle, and some of us just don't have the strength to deal with the physically toll addiction can have on you, sometimes its just easier to take a pill.
   Has anyone been addicted through pregnancy and given birth?  Was everything ok with the babies. Every ob visit I've gone to so far has been good, and the doctor said she was developing fine and was healthy. Im sure after my visit on Monday and he finds out about the addiction he may do some more tests on me to make sure she really is ok. As of right now my boyfriend got me some loratabs and is holding them for me. Where I was taking about 10 day, he's only giving me 3 to 4 until we get to the ob and figure out a better plan.
I am so sorry they have not treated you with respect.Anyone that works in a rehab should have respect for everyone that needs help.We wont judge u.So right now the ob has not put you on a taper plan.jumping from10 to 3 to4 is a very large jump. Make sure to discuss that with your ob .I am glad all of the tests have come out fine there is a chance the baby will be born addicted but as long as the doctor knows that gives u some protection. .The important thing is you are 100% honest with the doctor about what you have taken.I am so proud of you for telling your doctor alot of people would not do that..This isnt easy after you have the baby then you will want to get you into a long term recovery program but dont worry about that until the baby is born .Feel free to PM me anytime.There have been perg ladies on here some babies have not been born addicted some have .You just worry about making that plan with your OB and then things will fall into place.
Ok these are supposed to be places in tenn take take pregnant ladies let me know what you find out .

Drug Rehab For Pregnant Women in Tennessee
There are a total of 15 drug treatment centers listed under the category drug rehab for pregnant women in Tennessee. If you have a facility that is part of the drug rehab for pregnant women category you can contact us to share it on our website. Additional information about these listings in Tennessee is available by phoning our toll free rehab helpline at 1-866-720-3784.

how are you feeling?
are you having withdrawal symptoms?
when did you drop your dose?
the baby will also feel the withdrawal symptoms.
yes we have had woman on the forum who have been honest with their ob, were put on a taper plan and delivered a healthy baby. keep the faith. take care of yourself. please try to be calm.
definitely look into some counseling.
sending hugs and prayers
debbie
The centers off that page is exactly where I started the other day. The first one we called was Vanderbilt. My dad talked to them on Wednesday, and the lady he spoke to said to check into the er there and that they would transfer me into the inpatient program. Thursday morning I woke up and called to see what I needed to pack and the admissions person I spoke to told me they couldn't accept me. We ran into this problem with atleast 4 other places. I finally had to ask my dad "are you sure you're telling them im pregnant" because they would tell him to bring me in but when I called the story always changed. Finally figured that the only difference my dad would say I was 6 to 7 months pregnant... when im almost 8. Im recording everything I take for my ob appointment on Monday, and hopefully my doctor will help out and not just tell me to keep using. I really don't want to delivery her while still using. Im praying he puts me on suboxone or subutex. After I delivery her im definitely going to find a program to get into. I don't want to leave her behind but scared that an out patient program and the stress of everything might not be the smartest decision for me. Im just ready to close this chapter of my life and move on once and for all. Atthebeach, today was the first day I dropped my dose, I hadn't done anything and withdrawals had started to kick in, I knew she could feel them, it makes me sad to feel her twist and turn inside of me, I know she was in pain just like me. My stomach becomes really tight when I start to withdrawal which im guessing could possibly be contractions, after I did 2 of the hydros it got better, it makes me feel better to know there's healthy babies that come out of this situation.
Hun please check taking them until you see the doctor. It is possible they would put you on methadone or subs. With subs I am pretty sure you have to be in withdrawal first so that wouldn't be good. Please try to relax.pray and wait to see what the ob says tomorrow. Please let us know. Make sure you are completely honest with them with how much and what so they can help the best way they can
Praying for you
Sending big hugs
Debbie
I went to New Life Lodge but I did not detox there. I detoxed at home. I couldn't be admitted into the detox or inpatient centers b/c I was so far along. I started the IOP program with them and went to about 4 classes then I took a week off to go in and have my baby. I was back in my classes a week after I was released to come home. It was rough at first but I survived. And the lady that does the IOP is AWESOME!!! I still go and see her when I can. Just check into there website. If you google New Life Lodge I believe it'll take you right to them. It's located in Burns, TN----right in the Dickson area.
and they do take tenncare
Thank you so much natasha for the information.this is wonderful. :)
  This is the phone number for new life 866-836-8125