Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
taking benzodiazipam when pregnant
About This Community:

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

taking benzodiazipam when pregnant

Is it okay to take a couple of 10ml valium every now and then when I am nine weeks pregnant.  SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIANCE, would love some honest non judgemental advice.  Thanks xxx
Tags: Addiction
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
5039239_tn?1364028271
If you haven't taken it , don't take it. Don't take a chance of getting addicted and losing your child to cps. You should try to keep as healthy as possible while you're pregnant. Nobody is going to advise you to take drugs while you are pregnant. Eat healthy and don't drink alcohol or take drugs. Congratulations on your new baby.
Blank
No, this is not okay. If you are stressed and need the sedation then try drinking tea. It will slow the heart-rate down of the baby. Don't do it. Even if its just every now and then. No Benzos.
Blank
1235186_tn?1339127464
do you have a script from a doctor? if so do they know you are pregnant?
if not do not self medicate. why do you want to take them?
congrats is this your first pregnancy?
Blank
NO!!! It is a category X on the list of meds you can take while pregnant. It has a very high risk of causing serious birth defects. Xanax does also. Avoid it at all cost hun. I did alot of research on this withmy first child because I had been self medicating and didn't want to hurtmy baby.
Blank
Please don't do this. I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS and wish I could go back. I had to be put on a Benzo the last 2 months of my pregnancy. I contacted 5 different dr, nurses, lactation consultant all said would be fine to breast feed. I fed him once and he stopped breathing. He went to the NICU for the next 2 weeks and came home with a monitor to alarm when he stopped breathing. I was told never to nurse him again. He has severe Dyslexia and many learning disabilities, I will never know how he would be today if I hadn't been on that.
Blank
hi.. its a physcoactive drug and in general people say that its safe and effective.. Although the results of this intake shows in future by cognitive impairments and paradoxical effects..So please don't take while you are pregnant.. it's not safe for you and your child..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...