whats detox and rehab like?
whats detox and rehab like i am most likely going for my first time very soon.i am only 21 been going on opiates for 4 years,im depressed just thinking about detoxing and leaving home.i don"t know what to think wright now..??
Hang tuff, how are you today?
i feel all wright the dextox center said they are going to call me with in 2 weeks its been 5 days now so any day now. which ***** one day i am in my  nice comfy bed and the next in some **** whole that smells like ****.i am having second thoughts all ready,i cant do it at home thats for sure to many people live in my house i would go crazy. u ever been in detox imdone 42
Hey Milo - I've been to detox before. If I were to compare it to my regular routine of detoxing at home compared to a detox center- I would choose the detox facility. A lil bout me: My DOC was oxys. My tolenarnce then was about 5 80s/day. It was first time seriously trying to get/stay clean. First day I arrived at 10am, went thru intake and got settled into my room. Attended all functions that day. Started to really feel awful about 8pm. By 11pm, I was on the floor in tears wondering how am I ever going to get thru this. I couldn't see the doc till the next day around noon. At this detox centre, they did offer methadone taper....but I went the clonidine route by docs suggestion. I wasnt opposed to the done however- the doc decided this was a better route for me. I stayed 7 days. They did give me tramadol, clonidine, immodium, vitamins and boost when I didn't have an appetite. The support u get from staff and other patients helped me tremendously. The structured days and forced interaction guided me to stay strong, educated and inspired. I did go a lil batty by day 7- I got cabin fever and wanted to break free of the institution type feel. By this time I had good days and I thought I made it, then the next day would be super depressing and sick again. My body was obviously still detoxing and wasn't finished stabilizing. I ended up getting too excited and left detox. Bad move. I was still feeling physically Ill, haven't slept a blink, the depression and other emotions swelled up that I was  surpressing with drugs, and I was set free to do what I wanted. I relapsed within 12 hrs of stepping out of the centre, and back at square one. The average person spent 4-7 days at the detox facility I went too. The turnover when I was there, was astounding, and discouraging. I would definitely recommend detox for somebody who has little to no will power to go thru WD on their own. Somebody who needs some mental guidance and reassurance that their life is worth getting clean for. Even to take the opportunity to seclude yourself from the outside world, the problems it offers and the solutions u thought worked for u. Soul search, And reflect. I wish u the best with whatever choice u choose. Stay strong and believe in every square inch in your soul- that YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Ps. The only negative comment I have about detox centers is that in  the center I went to- is that the meds they give are very weak and disnt do much at all. When I'm detoxing myself at home I have the option to take meds to help with physical WD (Kratom, pot, lopermide, benzos) which helped immensely
thanks you so much februarystars it makes me feel good knowing its better to go thin to stay home, i have w/d at home before a couple times and i cant do it at home again it blows. the detox center im going to is pretty getto but i will take anything, i just want this to be over with...thank you i really appreciate it u are awesome.  
Detox really isn't too bad and neither is rehab. I'm 21 and I had a drinking problem for 7 years and a cocaine problem for 5. I went to my first rehab this year. I now have 9 months clean. Once you get some clean time you feel and act like a completely different person. Everything is better. Life is better. Its scary going to detox and rehab for your first time but it gets better. I promise.
How long does the detox last I'm on day 4 and it's hard I wish I can go to a center but I can't have 3 small ones :-( I hope u get better soon