Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
will my withdrawls be easier this time?

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

will my withdrawls be easier this time?

I made it 16 days and relapesed for about 13 days.  Do you think my withdrwls will be easier this time around or will I go through the same hell as I did before.  I was trying a taper plan this time and got tired of it becasue I just want to be so done with these pills.  The only reason I relapsed was because I just couldn't ake the anxiety i was feeling.  Any advice would be apprecited.  Also I have picked up the vitamins this time from the Thomas recipe which I failed to do las time.  I must say that at 48 hours in, I don't feel nearly as bad as I did last time.......so far.
I was clean from Alcohol/Xanax for almost 2 months and recently relapsed for about 4 days drinking liquor and taking xanax bars throughout the day/night and it's been 2 days since I've had a drink or taken Xanax I also would like some input on what I'm in store for?Should I take a very low dose of Xanax alone?I was on Xanax for a year everyday taking up to 4mg a day then quit cold turkey and went into seizures,was hospitalized then tapered off in a regular hospital using Ativan which then lead to the 2 months being clean,sorry Imdoneforsure I'm kinda in the same boat and don't have a clear answer for you but how long where on them for initially?
I dont know the exact fact as to how more or less sever they will be. Id probaly expect much of the same. I learned in rehab that when opiate users gain tolerance to the drug that more receptors which are stimulated by opiates are created in the wiring in the brain, therefore needing more dosage to get the same effect. And when the addict doesnt fill those extra receptors with opiates they will begin to close up overtime. (thats the painful withdrawl (withdrawal) process) because those receptors need to be stimulated and cant be, and the addict crashes.  Thats the good news, the bad news is that they are eventually reactivated when the addict uses again. (maybe not all of then open up on the first relapse, but if the addict keeps on relapsing his/her tolerance come right back. Unlike alchohlics who never lose the tolerance, this is why many heroin addicts od, b/c they dont have the same tolerance they used to have after the abstinent period. If an alchohlic is dry for 10 years, he/she will still have the same tolerance as they did 10 years ago. so by using for 13 days, ur pretty much right back to where u started hun. these are posts i hate to put up, cuz i feel ur pain like it was yesterday. Please hang in there, u can get clean and there are people just like you, im one of them and there are tons more on here. Keep posting your thoughts. lots a love
hello,
Im sorry im not too familiar with benzo's, I know they work the same way as alchohol and alchoholics never lose their tolerance no matther how long they've been abstinent. Im gonna try to find out more about this, ill post back.
u seem like ur real passionate about quitting. do u think u could quit on your own?
In my experience they should be a little less severe so hang in there.  I did the Thomas Recipe and overdid it I guess because it gave me kidney stones which is pretty F horrible to have along with going through withdrawals.  Ambien was a lifesaver for me as it knocked me out and got rid of the pain of withdrawals for at least a little bit.  Besides that keep busy, I saw movies and worked out even though I wanted to do none of that stuff it passed the time by quicker.  Good luck