Addiction Chat Group User Group
6 Days in, when will it get better?
About This Group:

This is a chat group for anyone who needs to vent about thier problems with addiction to opiates (including methadone), benzos, tranquilizers, sedatives, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamine and any other drug that is causing you problems in your life or that have become a normal part of your life, like drinking water and eating.

Founded by drekOK on September 28, 2009
433 members

6 Days in, when will it get better?

I'm well into my 69th year and I'm dealing with trying to kick an addiction to Percocet. This is my first addiction except for coffee. I took my last capsule a week ago today and I'm still lucky if I get 3-4 hours of sleep at night. I, also, spend much of the night walking the floor because I can't sit still and my insides feel like something is crawling around. My addiction was very light compared to those I've read about on this forum and yet it is still kicking my butt. I've been on a percocet prescription for the past 3+ years due to a number of painful injuries and surgeries and my maximum usage was just 1 and 1/2 10-325 per day. I took the medication in the evening to help me sleep but I finally realized I couldn't sleep without it. I decided I needed to end this usage but it's been tougher than I expected. I'm really tired and have a difficult time concentrating even on minor things like reading the newspaper. Will most of these withdrawal symptoms ease any time soon? I'm planning a drive across the US in two weeks and I'd hoped I'd be through most of this. Am I kidding myself?
well I see its been a while since your question. Now, answer it for me please!
How has it gone? did it get any better?
spider6 commented on Then it HIT her
Then it HIT her
20 hrs ago by Heather8448
Gettingalifeagain just for today Comment
Jul 27