Addiction Chat Group User Group
Addiction and Pain
About This Group:

This is a chat group for anyone who needs to vent about thier problems with addiction to opiates (including methadone), benzos, tranquilizers, sedatives, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamine and any other drug that is causing you problems in your life or that have become a normal part of your life, like drinking water and eating.

Founded by drekOK on September 28, 2009
433 members

Addiction and Pain

Just need to vent a little.  I have chronic back pain and I take pain killers (or at least I try to).  The problem is I am addicted to them.  I wish I could change my brain or retrain my brain so I could take them like normal people.  It ***** so bad because I hurt most of the time.  I can't even stand for more than 20 min at a time without my back killing me.  I am so frustrated with myself.  It's like I am 2 different people: the normal me and the pain killer me.  When I'm taking the meds, I am so irrational, I don't take them as prescribed, and I run out to quick b/c I take them for the pain and the high.  I wish there was a way around the addiction part so I can get up, be active, get in shape, and do normal everyday things. I'm only 25.....I want to enjoy life..................

Thanks for letting me vent!
1 Comment
Hey I understand exactly where you are coming from.  I never took my meds as prescribed either.

Exactly 2 months ago I weaned myself off of lortab and hydromorphone.  I have complete torn gluteus tendon on one side and partial on the other along with disc problems in the lower back.  It was amazing to me how much LESS pain I had once the meds were out of my system.  The injuries still hurt but for some reason the pain was much much sharper as each pain pill wore off.   It has taken these 2 months off the meds to actually get back any energy and feel like life is worth living!'. Hope it can be that way for you too sometime in the near future, no pain (at least not much) and no meds!
no magic cure
2 hrs ago by Heather8448
travel_melb Day 11, 2nd day back at wor... Comment
mambojazz commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jul 20