Addiction Chat Group User Group
New Ruling Addiction is Offical Disease
About This Group:

This is a chat group for anyone who needs to vent about thier problems with addiction to opiates (including methadone), benzos, tranquilizers, sedatives, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamine and any other drug that is causing you problems in your life or that have become a normal part of your life, like drinking water and eating.

Founded by drekOK on September 28, 2009
435 members

New Ruling Addiction is Offical Disease

I read in New World & USA Today that it has been ruled that addiction is a brain disorder not just bad judgement or morals. I'm glad they are finally waking up to the seriousness of addiction. What do you say, think?
I have always thougth it and when I would say it out loud I would get shot down and the same thing was repeated "you made the decision to use that drug or drink that drink" well yes I did but I never expected It would go this far and i would be using everyday...maybe somethings wrong with me, my brain connections ?? still, Nothing....so to read this makes me feel like IM NOT CRAZY and haven't been Im not the weak minded looser I was told i was.....thank you for sharing.
I have dealt with addiction all my life but I had never thought of it as a brain disorder, not exactly, thats very intesesting..do you have a  copy of that article ?

Hope you are doing better....

meg
realjimmy commented on Utah Trouble
meegWpaw commented on Courage and a dash of...
Aug 31
Heather8448 commented on Courage and a dash of...
Aug 31