Addiction Chat Group User Group
feeling nervous
About This Group:

This is a chat group for anyone who needs to vent about thier problems with addiction to opiates (including methadone), benzos, tranquilizers, sedatives, alcohol, cocaine, methamphetamine and any other drug that is causing you problems in your life or that have become a normal part of your life, like drinking water and eating.

Founded by drekOK on September 28, 2009
435 members

feeling nervous

hi im new to this ive been clean for 6 days i cant sleep and i do still get the cravings but i know i dont want to start pain pills again i was taking 15 to 20 pills daily and i did it cold turkey after alot of hot baths i feel alot better but i do feel anxios still..............
The good thing is you are no different that most of us.  Anxiety and not being albe to sleep is something that should go away in time.. I don't know if this was right but I started taking benerdyl with advil pm to help me sleep. I know it is hard but think of the long run, it will get better.Hot baths works wonders so try little things and don't let your self be in one place to long you have to keeep moving and talking aobut it help alot Hang in there it will happen be strong we are all here for you
I second the Benedryl and such.  The active ingredient you're looking for is diphenhydramine.  This is the med that induces sleep that's in Benedryl and Advil PM or Tylenol PM.  You can buy it as Sominex or Unisom as well and it should be cheaper than Benedryl.  But know it's a higher dose - double, if I'm not mistaken.  

If you can, take this during the day so you can sleep through the crappy parts.  And definitely utilize places like this forum for support!  I'm new, but there's a load of helpful people here :).
I have been withdrawing from xanax from home and your right it *****.  When you can't sleep get out of the bed and clean out a drawer or cook or anything else that is truely mindless..........the more you try to sleep the more you think about the drug........be careful that you get doctors advice on the withdrawl (withdrawal) because I had seizures from going to fast.  I'm a 59 year old woman who has been addicted since a car accident in 1997 and for the first time in my life I'm feeling good about myself....the funny thing is the neurologist gave me the xanax for the seizures after the accident becaue my body couldn't tolerate the phenobarbitol and dilantin..............and 13 years of seizures later I found out that the cure was worse than the problem....stay strong and stay busy..stillforever
nonights commented on She starting to love ...
jugglin commented on She starting to love ...
Heather8448 Life on Life's terms Comment