Adderall seems to be ruining my family's lives
I just found out my husband has been prescribed Adderall for the last 5 years. He's been getting 50 mgs a day and his angry outbursts have become more and more frequent. Now they're almost continuous. We're in counseling and he is blaming me and sighting that I am his problem. He doesn't know that I now know about his prescription. How can I help myself, him and our two young children (8&4) best? Please help.  
Hello and welcome. My husband is a recovering addict. In his active addiction everything was my fault, they try to take the focus off of them. The anger and out bursts are such typical behavior. My husband and I had many things wrong and nothing got better until the elephant left the room. At counseling I would totally call him out on the rug about that one. Until he admits he is an addict and it is totally affecting every aspect of his life sadly everything will remain the same.
look up alanon meetings for you. it is a 12 step program for the loved ones of addicts.
There is always hope...
My husband has been clean for 3 years, our family is healing....
Keep the faith
Debbie
Wow, yeah, you need to talk about this in therapy? You guys are trying to figure out what's going on right? So, that's the place to start. It sounds like you've been taking the blame for everything so long, you're used to it, and don't quite know how to stand up for yourself. You really should check out Alanon, or NarcAnon, to figure out how not to continue enabling your husband. The process of enabling is just as devastating to the problem, as your husband using. It's a family disease, and you need to see your part in it, I'm afraid. All along you may have been quite sure, that the problems you're having are his, but now you're going to have to be brave and look at your being co-dependent and possibly adding to the problem yourself. So, be kind to yourself, and remember that the problem is fixable, with everyone on board. This is how you can help him , and your two young kids. Y'all can get this straightened out, maybe before your kid's even remembers there being a problem, so have faith.