Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Can I get into trouble with CPS

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Can I get into trouble with CPS

My situation is a bit odd, because I am not, nor are my kids, involved in any CPS case. However, their father whos been a meth addict of and on for years does. Hes used bath salts as well, and smoked spice, I know that synthetic drugs can be even more dangerous than the real drugs. Well the situation is this... about 3 weeks back my ex and his girlfriend got into a week long fight and then that Friday night it all escalated. The cops were called, and from what I hear from my old neighbors there was at least 8 cop cars and an ambulance. I know that the the ambulance took him for whatever reason, and his girlfriend stayed in the home with her 4 year old son. Now Saturday I get a call from CPS asking if I knew about the incident between my ex husband and his girlfriend. Let me add that we are still legally married but have been seperated for over a year now. Anyways the CPS agent informed me that her son had been taken away and put under her husbands custody because they suspeted she too was using bath salts and maybe other drugs... she is also still married to this guy. So my big question is, can I get in trouble for having let him take one of my sons for an over night stay? He swears hes clean and not seen her anymore. Which I believe to be a lie. Second question is what do I do to keep my kids away from him, and because he has the CPS case open throught his GF case and not ours!? Do I have the right to keep ours away from him? without myself getting into trouble? Keep in mind we have NO court orders for anything! Including child support wich he does not pay, or custody. Please someone give me some advice, maybe you went through this too?  Maybe have a great reference to some legal help!?
Tags: CPS, Kids, married, bath salts, meth use, drugs, addicts
hello and welcome. when did your son go for an overnight visit?
did you find out why he was taken to the hospital? does he have any drug charges or documented drug use?  i would contact a lawyer they usually can answer some questions in a consultation, i would probably start to document events that transpire.
is your separation related to his drug use?
i wouldnt let him take the children if you know he is getting high.
does he use methadone or methamphetamines?