Can he really quit cocaine after 10 yrs
I have a problem, but I really have no one to discuss it with, so please help me!
My boyfriend is a cocaine addict, he did it for about 10 years overall,but stopped it when we met.
He was clean for about 6-8 month,however he has always had these cravings and after feeling bad for him I finally let him get some..actually,I took it with him..that's the problem.
Now he wants to do it all the time,but I refuse and obviosly forbid him. I've never been into drugs myself,just did it to make him feel better.(stupid,I know)
So I don't know what to do now! How do I distract him from thinking about cocaine and make cravings easier?
I love him and do not want to leave ( he is very scared of it), but sometimes catch myself thinking - is it possible for him to ever get over it?
Thanks for reading.
I myself have a family full of addicts and am myself an addict. You can tell him you made a mistake by trying it with him and that is not the life you want to live. He has now relapsed. I know to the bottom of my soul nothing can keep him sober unless he wants it. Unfortunately, by you leaving him, It could help create a bottom for him. I would suggest checking out an al-a-non  meeting. There are many people who could give you direction there as well.