Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Can he really quit cocaine after 10 yrs

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Can he really quit cocaine after 10 yrs

I have a problem, but I really have no one to discuss it with, so please help me!
My boyfriend is a cocaine addict, he did it for about 10 years overall,but stopped it when we met.
He was clean for about 6-8 month,however he has always had these cravings and after feeling bad for him I finally let him get some..actually,I took it with him..that's the problem.
Now he wants to do it all the time,but I refuse and obviosly forbid him. I've never been into drugs myself,just did it to make him feel better.(stupid,I know)
So I don't know what to do now! How do I distract him from thinking about cocaine and make cravings easier?
I love him and do not want to leave ( he is very scared of it), but sometimes catch myself thinking - is it possible for him to ever get over it?
Thanks for reading.
I myself have a family full of addicts and am myself an addict. You can tell him you made a mistake by trying it with him and that is not the life you want to live. He has now relapsed. I know to the bottom of my soul nothing can keep him sober unless he wants it. Unfortunately, by you leaving him, It could help create a bottom for him. I would suggest checking out an al-a-non  meeting. There are many people who could give you direction there as well.