Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Don't want to know HOW......just IF you can?

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Can anyone tell me if there is a "way" to fake/cheat on a UA for crystal meth?  I don't want to know HOW, of course!! LOL  From my last go around with this crys meth addict I know the UA tests are personally supervised and a woman actually goes in the bathroom w/the person being tested.  I'm not concerned about switching out urine or anything, just needing to know if there is some way she can alter the test?  She abandoned her children over a year and a half ago and is attempting to reintegrate with them.  Even tho she is in a sober living house, she was sleeping w/her old meth connection AT the sober living house the day after she left trmt and moved there.  She is going to reqd meetings and has done one UA so far.  The kids case plan says she will also have to submit a hair follicle test (which I KNOW she can't fake), but so far just UA's.  Since she "played" me the entire 30 days in trmt.....I don't trust a single word coming out of her mouth.  Hence, wanting to know about faking a UA?  Any feedback is appreciated~
"Can anyone tell me if there is a "way" to fake/cheat on a UA for crystal meth?"

It all depends on the test. (dipstick-vs-lab) If the UA is sent to a lab, I would have to say no. Contrary to what many think, the ONLY way to fool a lab is to tamper with the test (foreign body) or not provide a large enough sample and then they wont test it...but it will either come back "tampered" or "unable to test" instead of Pass/Fail.

The on-site dipstick method that many rehabs and sober livings use are cost efficient but CAN be fooled...faked....cheated...whatever you want to call it. So, the answer depends on the test.

Thank you.....she is being tested by the sober living house and ALSO an independent lab regarding the children's reintegration case......so I think it'll be good.....cause the test regarding the children is the MOST critical one for our family.
Is this a family member?  Do you have the kiids?
She informed the judge at the hearing on Jan 3rd that she considers herself an "ex" family member now and will be completing her case plan reqmts "separately".  I do not have the 3 precious kiddos....but another GREAT family member does and is doing a FAB job loving on them and caring for them in every necessary and also fun way. Our concern is that even tho she has been granted HUGE gifts of grace since her last arrest in Oct, these gifts may have come too quickly.  She went from jail, to court ordered trmt for 30 days, to being accepted in a sober living house.  She hadn't even been in the sober living house for 8 hrs before she was sleeping w/the guy that supplied her crystmeth prior to her latest arrest.  My hubby and I have been very involved at diff levels helping her and the only ones that actually were willing to "believe in her" for the gazillionth time!  She "played" us BIG TIME.  Too many details.....but I haven't experienced a betrayal like this for a very long time in my life....and this is the first one of such magnitude since I've been clean.  Resentments only poison the resentor......I know this.....and I feel sad for her.....but I've got a new, strong boundaries set now.  Because she currently isn't capable of being honest, I wanted to know if she could alter her UA somehow.  I have chosen absolutely NO involvement with her whatsoever now.....and God willing......our   precious kiddos will do just fine and survive this tragedy.  Thanks for asking, Sara.....you didn't really expect a "short" answer from MOI....did you?  LOL
"she is being tested by the sober living house and ALSO an independent lab regarding the children's reintegration case"

Yeah, she cant fool the lab so it will be good. Good luck

P.S. I like what you said, "Resentments only poison the resentor." So true when you really think about it.