HELP
I live with my mom and 16 yr old brother.When he was 13 he got into a very serious and unhealthy relationship with a girl who got him into drinking and drugs ie:weed,bath salts,cocaine,aderrol(the girls mom provided and did the drugs with them)For almost 2 years me nor my mom knew this was going on.When he was home he seemed fine but was angry a lot but we thought it was because of the divorce.By Aug.2011 they were nearly inseparable if he had to come home she would come too and if my mom would say no my brother would threaten her.On several occasions he hurt both me and my mom.
On Jan.15,2012 they broke up.He didn't seem too upset about the breakup because he finally got tired of fighting with her.But on Jan.17 I fell asleep on the couch and woke up in the middle of the night to him on the kitchen floor crying hysterically because he had found out she had cheated on him several times.In his hands were bath salts from my shower kit.He never took any that night(the other night was his 1 yr.anniversary of being off).He admitted to everything that had gone on and wrote a journal about it.He told me that one time he had gotten so high he blacked out and when he came back he was holding a knife to his throat,that several times he had stopped breathing and was never taken to the hospital,and when he was high would force his girl friend to have sex with him.and he wouldn't have sex with her unless she gave him more.We sent him to an outward bound camp for a week and at the end ran a mile in 8 minutes.
3 months later he was drinking again and by April smoking weed.I told him I didn't think he should and he told me that's all he's going to do.In July I went to a party he was at and when I got there at 10 he was passed out on bars(zanyex)I never told my mom because I was scared but in the next 2 weeks was arrested 3times.
He is now on color code but still drinks a lot because that doesn't show on his drug test.He has failed 3 of the 5 and if he fails again he's gone.I have heard him on the phone and found out that several times he has done meth and Molly.Last night I found out he has been drinking robitussin to get high.and he made me swear not to tell my mom.tonight he came home and in 10 minutes was passed out and he will not wake up no matter how hard you shake him.my mom thinks he's just tired but she did say she was worried about how hard he's sleeping.I don't know what to do because I'm scared of what he'll do if I tell but if I don't he could be dead soon.
Olivia,
You need to tell your mom and call 911!!
This is very dangerous. It doesn't matter how mad he might get, this is his life were talking about!
Hi Olivia, how are things? Did you tell your mom or call 911?
Were you able to wake him up?
Please let us know, we are concerned.
Sending prayers and encouragement,
Debbie
Thanks Debbie,
He did wake up,I haven't told my mom yet because her boyfriend stayed over and my brother is one thing they fight about.He is up and back out with his friends and I'll tell her as soon as she gets home
Olivia,
I'm really glad to hear your brother is okay but you truly do need to tell your mom about it. If he is messing with triple c's and other things to catch a buzz off of DXM he is literally putting his life at risk. DXM and alcohol is nothing to mess with ! I'm very proud you said you were going to tell your mother!
Take care and let us know what happens
I agree, your brother will be mad but you NEED to tell your mother. My mom has put me in a lot of situations and made me promise not to say anything, after almost a year of me covering for her, she has hit rock bottom and has stolen thousands of dollars from our family for meth and smoked it in the room next to me while I was pregnant. She has lost all control. At that point I knew I had to say something. Your brother sounds like he is headed down the same path, my mom started drinking and doing drugs at age 11 and look where she is today. He needs serious inpatient care, please let us know what happens.