Help with medication cost
My son is 27. He has been battling with addiction for several years now. He has even done a stint in prison because of it. He is currently taking suboxone, but it is very expensive. He does well as long as he keeps working, but he is a painter and the work is very sporatic. I am unable to help him because I am disabled and live on a very strict income. Are there any programs out there that can help with the cost of the medication? When he can't work, he can't pay the cost of the doctor's visit, which is $125 a month. Please help me.
I got a discount card for suboxone from my doctor. I have insurance so this gave me no copayment but it was also for self pay patients so you don't pay anymore than $50 a month for the medication. Have your son call his doctor and ask if they have any discount cards. These are usually given to doctors from drug reps....
Call his pharmacy, they maybe able to direct you or even his doctor? Can he get state medical insurance? I too pay for all my medical expenses. Just my meds alone are almost $100 a month :( my pharmacy works with me tho and gives me the best deal he can. There is a pharmacy discount cards you can get online or at your pharmacy too :) good luck.
Google Suboxone.  There are alot of sites that are offering some sort of help.  Check it out.  Let us know.
Here are a few resources.  If you google "suboxone financial assistance", you will get everything from coupons to assistance programs.  Have you tried having him apply for Medicaid?

http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/84.html

http://www.rxassist.org/search/search-results-drug-name-build?term=suboxone&type=Drug

Try those first.  The one program that is offered through the manufacturer  ("Here to Help" I believe it is called) is great, but is quite restrictive.  For example, per Sub doc, they are only permitted to have 3 patients in the program at a time.  Worth a shot though for sure!!

Tell your son, if he cannot find some help, to make sure he's working with a doc who isn't keeping on a dose that is too high.  He has every right to ask the doc about his dose, and about tapering down.  Obvously, the less of the medication he would need, the less expensive it will be.

In the very least, his doc should be giving his patients a co-pay discount card, which should allow for up to $50/month off the script.  Those are readily available.  He can also ask the clinic about ways they can work with him to ease the burden on the office visit end of things.  Some will allow for payment plans, partial payments, etc.  Never hurts to ask.

Best of luck, hope he figures something out, Suboxone sure can be expensive, which is unfortunate for those who are doing well on it.
Thanks to all that have replied to my question. You have been very helpful. I will follow up on all of your suggestions. It is nice to have someone that I can talk to about this. Once again, thank you.