Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Hi please help need info

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Hi please help need info

hi the misses has been on meth since i got with her we have to great/super children both boys aged 6 and 7.

so lets say about 10-11yrs she was on 80mil and has came down to nothing now.see was on 6mil on sunday the 10th but im wanting to help her best i can im doing all the running about taking care of kids don=ing the school runs etc.shes been taking some tabs even got her some vodka today to take the edge off.

how long we she be like this? as it is killing me looking/seeing her like this.

any more info on this would be great?

ps ive never took hard drugs and dont intend too.
Hi you came to the right place there will be more testimonies behind me there is alot to say.YOU are soooo great to be there for her. My husband helped me for over 4 months BUT that does not mean she will take that long we are all the same but different in other ways. I always believe it is how heathy you are, how old and how long you used. She did a taper it sounds like. I went cold trukey from 30mgs and other drugs mixed and was snorting. I threw many stages. So keep posting and we will let you know what we did here for our detox. I will say keep drinking LOTS of H2o for the brain and the body. If she is not weak yet take small walks or exercise to help balance out the brain chem-transmitter that get messed up. Read or watch videos on the disease of addiction it explains. I had my husband watch and he did about ten times so he was very willing to give me time to heal. Also we can give you tips on sleep and anxiety and I always post the vit/min and mag,d and cal to sleep but it has to be all natual. The stores put preserves and filter things out.You will get good info. Keep on Truckin tell her to go forward and do not look back. It does get better and WE ALL WILL TELL YOU THAT!!!
God Bless
vvicidaho
P.S. Everyone one I have ever talked to said DO NOT DRINK BOOZE it only makes it feel worse........
vvicidaho
thanks for replies.

well ive just done the school run.the misses is in bed but not for long i need to get her to the docs to see if there can help but fat chance of that realy.
she asked them for a rattle pack but they turned her down so im gonna ask if i can.as ive never took anything like this at all in my life i was hoping that i could talk them round and let them know i will be with her every step of the way.they is so many things i could add about the lady i take care for and love very dearly. but i need to be strong for her but my body is fading dont know how long i can go on. not saying im gonna give up but i just feel so lost.as for the drink it did help alittle for her she did get some rest till i woke her when i got into bed.so i recon she must have had another vodka and maybe a few more tabs to knock her out. i did say last night im sleeping down stairs for the next few days.

we have a spare room. the misses said just put a bed in there and sort it out so she can stay in there but i don't want to do this i would be better on sofa i recon as i can sleep anywhere LOL.

ps i will goto the docs and post what was said if i can remember.

do you know something if i could take it all away i would thats how stong i feel.
glad you started your own thread....and you will get more info soon...just hang in there!  and you are an awesome husband for being there for her and helping her!  kudos to you!  
My husband had to sleep in the other room too! It is dark for him. I have still somewhat a strange sleep pattern and the T.V., Computer, and all my books our in the main room. You are soooo awsome. I too could give you a big hug. Remember to keep yourself healthy too! She will need your strenth at these times but I am sure like me we will sooo Love our husbands back and take care of them again and even more so for what you did. It is a hard ride, but IT DOES GET BETTER min by min day by day. Just remember its a short time to detox compared to the years we used. God Bless you, you just get to my heart. We have alot in common.
vvicidaho
shes in bed now. im feeding the kids doing clothes for school.problem is that i dont get to relax till after 10-11pm then by the time i goto bed its after 1am or more then back up for 7am to do everything again.
shes back up again needing another sleeper . think i will have one LOL (only kidding) to be honest only time ive ever had them is when i had bad teeth and needed the dentist.

anyway shes gone back up now. i did say to her if i come up tonight and hear her sleeping/snorrrrrr i will sleep down stairs.her reply was come to bed when ready just don't let no light in/put lights on. BUT i will crash here !

also i donno if i added we went to docs and he gave her some tabs etc to help.

but hes/she is gonna ring me tommorow and tthursday/sat to see how she is.

roll on day 3
misses up again.so shes down here with me and NOW shes put a fish pie in oven WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we have lift off bout time too. all she been doing is eating sweets hoe this fish pie helps....
She would feel better if she could eat more healthy...protein is important, fluids are important...just sweets is probably going to make her feel worse.  I'd be careful with the alcohol too.

You keep talking about her taking pills...what is she taking?
zimmers/ blues/yellows i cant remember names only if i look at them etc.

DAY 3 she seemed better and a bit or energy this morning looked much better. as one of the kids was sick threw night and when i got him up for school thats where i found it so while i got one of the other boys off to school the misses cleaned up.

i went to rest for a few hours and by the time i came down to sort her music out so she can take to bed with her she was not looking to cool but she did say she took simmers and drank abit so she sleeps i know 100% she will get up about 9-10 just when im about to relax. LOL.

but she is on the mend i seen it in her eyes this morning.

i will keep posted. thanx

Not sure what those are, but it may be helpful if you can look at exactly what she's taking, and then post what she's taking and how much/how often.  The thing with that is...not only could certain meds prolong and actually exacerbate w/d's...but you also have the issue of her continuing to self medicate away her symptoms, which reinforces that addict behavior.

I know she's miserable and would like some relief, but sometimes, it's better to try to tough it out as much as possible without adding more meds to the mix.

I'm just concerned that she's not really going about this in the most optimal way, especially for the long term.

It's so great you're so supportive and helpful...that will go a long way.  Just please let us help you both navigate through this...including what she's taking to help her symptoms...I'm concerned for her.

Best to you both.  I'm pulling for her!!
Honest shes fine and thanxs

more info soon im sorting the kids tea out and everything else.
I totally agree with nursegirl we both are in the health field and the disease of addiction is far deep then just the body. I know you are Very busy but if you find the time read or watch some of the videos I talked about above. I will just says this because she hit it to the point up above!!!!!!
I still think you are so wonderful. Hang in it will get better! Oh yea I was wondering if they gave her clonidine a light BP med because as long as I worked around DR in this town that is what they give to help detox opiates/methedone. Just wondering if that could be one of her meds??
God Bless
vvic
I get the feeling that blues are Loratabs and the yellows are Norcos, the opioid hydrocodone. I don't know what zimmers are (Benzos?), but I agree with the others, addiction is the issue, not what she is taking. If she doesn't learn to deal with things in a different way than meds, good chance she will go back to her drug of choice and/or methadone. You may want to get an NA schedule and have it laying around the house where she can find it. Addiction counseling has helped me a lot also. She needs to do something that helps her to understand the why of how she ended up addicted to pills. Drugs are the symptom of other issues, not the central problem. I hope she's feeling better soon and gets some help with coping skills.
she not here shes gone out with her mother to play bingo she said.

im giving her a chance to let her hair down the only thing was is that ive been doing everything it sort of felt like shes taking the p**s but i have to give her some time for herself. when she popped back to tell me i said just go coz didnt want the kids seeing her.

me and the boys not long ago got back from karate so my boys should sleep soon and i can try and relax.

not that my brain will be ticking ova though only time will tell
With all due respect, I'm not sure what you're saying above?  Give her a chance to let her hair down?  How? Sounds like you feel like she's maybe taking advantage of you perhaps?  Also, giving her some time for herself is good, yes, but not as an excuse for her to be popping 3 or 4 kinds of pills plus alcohol.  She isn't addressing addiction one single bit, hon....she's simply replacing the methadone with numerous other habit forming meds.

You also said you didn't want the kids seeing her...did you mean seeing her high?  Good for you for protecting your children, but you can only hide this for so long...something has to change.

From what I could make of your last post, it sounds like she isn't even TRYING to get clean, she's just getting through methadone w/ds with other meds...and trampling on your kindness in the process.

She has to WANT to get well.  You cannot make her do that sadly.  How about an inpatient rehab?  I also would strongly recommend you seeking some help, because to be honest...you've been enabling her, making excuses for her pill popping, providing her with alcohol, and are probably a good bit co-dependent.  Meetings like alanon and naranon can be so helpful for loved ones who find themselves in your shoes.  Loved ones of addicts are usually just as sick as the addict themselves..it affects everyone.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't sound very good hon.  I hope you can sit her down and talk to her..and explain that she can't get well this way, she's just continuing the addict behavior.  If she really wants it...she's going to have to eliminate all of her sources (for ALL of those meds).

Wish you the very best...I'm sorry you're going through this.
Not to be mean here, but I've seen and responded to many posts here where someone is posting about a loved one being addicted and it got moved over to another forum.    
well she return home but at same time i was taking kids to school.

i was very unhappy with her and she got my mouth.

i had to go out at about 3pm so i told her she must pick up the kids she was not happy about it and at the time i thought tough because everything im doing. i got back at about 4pm and had a quick clean around then she went to bed.

the thing was even though she went out she was out all night at her moms so i said if she can drink etc and all that why should i care if shoe was on other foot i would be grilled.

more info later
If she was well enough to go out all night, then yes, she absolutely is well enough to doing her fair share with the kids and the house.

Sorry hon, but I think she's taking advantage of you.  I think you need to draw some very tough bottom lines, and stick to them.  You need to stop enabling her.  So, you help her through some rough days, and she decides she's going to go out for the evening, and is irritated with you for asking her to pick the kids up?  Yeah..I wouldn't be happy about that either.

She's displaying classic manipulative addict behavior.  I'm assuming she's not fully clean?

Please continue to post...hopefully we can at least get YOU pointed in the right direction to get yourself some help.  You don't deserve this, you've done so much for her.

Hang in there buudy!!
here we go guys.she now on the soffa as i type this..

bad leges/hot.cold. belly ach. as i said or some one else said emotions will return.shivers/(tell you one thing shes like she lost her voice)

thats it for now and words from her she feels like gabage.

OH by the way yeh i will keep posting coz this might just help someone else.
UPDATE i want her herr GUYS so ive hooked a laptop up so she can read all the posts.this also might help her understand WTF i am going threw.

if the misses replies the miosses will put at top header..

DAZMISSES!

least then you will know.

DAZMISSES

nor i was on 85ml then just  dicided 2cum down 5a day without docs so doing c/turcky 12 years is a long time2 b on meth 1  stage i was on 230ml its killin me
just so you know this was done threw Teamviewer i needed to copy ova.

kind regards Daz
It weould be very helpful if you would share exactly what you've been taking to deal with w/d's...what meds, strength and how much.  Same with alcohol.  Sounds like you've been doing quite a bit of self medicating, which unfortunately doesn't help fix the problem.