Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
I need help for my daughter

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

I need help for my daughter

I have finally discoverd that my daughter is addicted to Roxys.  She says she wants to stop,but only when is is feeng bad and can't get her next connection. My husband and I want to help her but she is total against rehab or counseling. She says everyone she knows that did that it did not help them.  She has lied,stolen from our family nad has mad life miserable for all of us.  She is 19. IS there a way that I can have her court ordered for rehab?  She grew up in a loving familyand had everything she could have wanted.  We just dont understad WHY other than the crowd of people she is with.  Thank you for any advise.
Hi Nage,
She is over 18 so pretty much its hands off with the court forcing her. If she is living with you, you might want to have a long talk with her and let her know that if she dosent quit she might have to leave your home. The home is part of the link here. If she is forced to quit or leave her home, you might get a positive response for at least attempting to seek help.
You sound like me about eight months ago.

I finally realized that I was "loving her to death." Without letting your daughter experience the pain that will result from her addiction, there isn't much that will lead her to true help.  

We did throw her out--only after she stole not only from us (for the hundredth time) but her brother who always stood by her side.

We are also a loving family; no addiction--we don't even drink. But the night she was thrown out, she walked our suburban streets for 12 straight hours (I watched on her iPhone app). I didn't sleep one minute that horrible night either. A couple of days later, she found herself a rehab in FL (that took our insurance and she is now 40 days clean.

40 days isn't much, but she did it all her herself--she got herself in there, found two halfways, checked herself back in when she relapsed. She's moving in the right direction (I hope but never expect).

Good luck--you have the power as long as you have the roof. Your rules, your determination, thinking with your head instead of your heart--that will save your daughter's life.