Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Is there a chance our friendship can be saved?

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

My friend is a addicted to coke, herion, and MJ Recently I set bondaries and gave him tough love that hes not allowed to bring me around the drugs that he does anymore or use drugs in front of me.  I dont use drugs, never did.  The last few times I was with him briefly, he didn't bring me aorund drugs which is good.  He has other friends now that he hooks up with that he does drugs with or probably unaware of his drug use.  
When I first knew my friend, I was unaware that he was using drugs and now his addiction has gotton worse including numerous run-ins with the law
Stick to your guns and if it puts you in danger of being hurt or getting  you in trouble consider taking a break from him and give him some time to get clean.  Other than that just be careful and support him if he decides to got to treatment but don't get engulfed in the process.