Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Just kicked Husband out/last straw found pills again

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

My husband and i have been together for 15 years. Over a year ago i found xanax pills hidden-after many months before of denial.  We had a heart to heart and there for a while things were good.  Then i started seeing how he changed slowly-hiding and being sneeking.  Well everytime i would confront him he would look at me in my eyes and tell me that i was the crazy one and its all in my head.  There for a while i was questing my mind state.  I just knew like the last time that adventualy he would slip and i would find them.  Low and behold i found them, he said he got caught and it was the only time that hes done them, neways i had enough.  I was trying to get pregnant and have to go to a fertility doc, and he is taking pills-HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE.  Its bad enough its hard for me to get pregnant but for you to take pills while i was seeking treatment was the last straw for me.  I kicked him out and told him until he realizes he has a problem and gets professional help he cannot move back in.  He is in denial, says its not the pills im just stupid.  It hurts like hell but this is something that i had to do for my well being.  Taking one day at a time.
:( you know showing tough love is what we all need sometimes. He will either clean up or not. He don't sound like he wants too. It ***** being in you're shoes. I have issues with my hubby and his smoking weed. he will never quit, so I had to make a choice to either live with it or tell him to kick rocks. I know pills are diffrent but addiction is not. Work on you and your goals ... And good for you for not putting up with it. I had too do the same. Some things I feel are deal breakers and not worth budging on!! We cannot change the person just our situation .
Thanks for your kind words.  It was the hardest thing in my life i have ever done.  But it was for the good of my well being.
U did the right thing by kicking him out girl.He is manipulative and making u doubt yourself when u were absolutely right that he is using.I will say u should be happy this happened before u got pregnant because that would be even worse.He sounds like he has no intention of quitting.I say that because he got caught again and instead of admitting fault he still tries to blame u.That's not fair to u or urn mental health.I know the IVF process is very tough on u both physically and mentally and u dnt need any stress added.Stay strong and hold ur ground.
Brave Lady!!!! be strong, and know you are loved. Protect yourself and you finances and you possessions and remove yourself and your dependants if you feel unsafe.  Don't believe it's your fault, it's not!  Don't believe his accusations that you cause or aggrivate him to do "IT!". Trust in yourself, follow your instincts.  Only he can fix "IT!" Recovery is possible, YOUR recovery is possible. Focus on that first and foremost. If he joins you too, even better!  Loving an addict isn't easy. Whatever you do never enable him, no matter what he tells you he needs say, NO!. No love will match the love if you refuse to enable him. No, $, no telling lies for him, no excuses for him...stay strong!