Methadone Dependence
I am seeking help in regards to my father.

My father is 46 years old and was an heroin addict. The man selling it to him was thankfully put in jail and my father went to seek help at a center for heroin addicts. He has been clean for a little more than 5 months now.

The treatment that he has been on for the past months was methadone, prescribed of course. Every week or so, they up'd his dosage. Eventually making it at 90.
He grew tired of going and every time he went to the center, it made him depressed. He wanted off the methadone and asked repeatedly to lower his dosage but they told him it was "too soon" and they never did. My family and I were giving him rides to go down there but he told us he doesn't want to

But now for the past week or so, he has been suffering from withdrawals, to the point where he cannot get out of bed. He has trouble sleeping and has not really eaten. He refuses to go back to the center because he does not want methadone anymore but I hate seeing him suffer. He has been depressed for awhile and has been on antidepressant pills but the withdrawls are making it worse

As his daughter, I am worried for his well being and I do not want anything to happen to him. When I'm at work or school, he's all I think about. My family and I don't know what to do anymore. I love him so much & he's my best friend. Please help :(
Hi Honey...it sounds to me like your dad wants to get clean and is willing to do it the hard way seeing as the clinic refuses to lower his dose.
You might want to post this in the substance abuse forum too, as I don't have experience with actual drug use or physical withdrawal.  This forum doesn't seem to get the activity that substance abuse does.  There are many there, that will be able to better guide you as to where your dad is and what to expect.
Your a Good daughter :)
Best of luck to you