Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
My boyfriend the perk addict. Me the enabler.

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

My boyfriend had been snorting perks 30's before I started dating him. But he claimed to have stopped right when we got together. It's been two and a half years now, but about 8 months into our relationship I caught him twice in two days with a perk 30. The first one he claimed was a friends he picked up for. The second he admitted to. I brushed it off and threatened that he better not do it again. Now he would every great while claim that he was doing them for recreational purposes, but I wasn't dumb. But again, brushed it off. I thought he could just really be telling the truth, or I tried to convince myself of that. I recently found out that about 6 months ago he had been buying perks behind my back. Even when asked, he'd continue to lie. Even when confronted with it last week he said "Oh I only did it like 3 times more than the times I told you I did them for fun." Now I was frustrated. How was I supposed to know that 6 more months from now I wasn't going to find out he was still doing them now? Well I didn't have to wait that long. I was out with my mother and we made a quick stop back at his house so I could grab something and I walked in on him blowing another perk. He was a deer in headlights. I packed up all that I could carry right there. He was begging me to stay and telling me that he has a problem and needed help. I told him that I had always tried to help him and that he always said he was fine and didn't need help. I left with us agreeing that I will stay with my mother until he receives treatment. His mother is going to help him through this process, because I can't stay by his side, because then he won't seek help. My question is... How can I help him when I'm not with him? What can I do for him? Because I don't want this to be the end. I don't want it over.
Tags: my boyfriend, addicted to perk, addicted to perks, addicted to perk 30s, boyfriend addicted to perk 30s, Relationships, problem, perks, addict, enabler