Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Nonprescribed M Amphet Salt MG 20

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Nonprescribed M Amphet Salt MG 20

I found one tablet of M Amphet Salt MG 20 in my 16 yo son's jeans while doing a wash.   When I confronted him, he stated his friend has adhd and requested he hold the tablet for him.  He changed that story to say his friend left the pill for him to take while visiting my house, but he did not want the pill and just shoved it in his pocket.  I need this community's assistance, as I do not know how to proceed with this.  At a minimum, I believe I should contact his friend's mother.  Any advice would be appreciated.   My son and I are upset over this.  I don't know what to think or believe, I don't know how to proceed on my son's behalf.
the old "it's my friend's pill and he told me to hold it" story.

ask yourself this.  what would be the "reason" his friend couldn't keep his own pill?
Hello and welcome. Your son is upset?  you don't know how to proceed on your sons behalf? I know how upsetting this can be. Mom I am sorry your son changing the story would definitely bring up some suspicion in my eyes.
Did your son say who's pill it supposedly is? You want to call the parent and ask if their son has a script?
How did you son act when you asked him? Besides changing the story, nervous, defensive?  Just trying to better understand how things happened. We totally trust our children and want to believe everything they say. We also have to be very aware of the dangers and pitfalls these kids face.
ADHD meds are shared alot between teens.  I would have a serious talk with your son.
Hi and welcome. Normally when a person has a drug and wants to take it, they keep it in a safe place. Your son really wasnt caring much for it and didnt appear to want to take it. His friend might of told him what a cool drug it was and you son just accepted it out of peer pressure with no intent to take it.
Thanks to each of you for your very helpful responses.  What a great community this is.
I would be suspicious since he changed his story, also when I used to do things like that I would try that story as well. "It's not mine, I'm holding onto it" and would have some lame excuse to go with it. And yes, this is the main pill that I shared between friends at school. I used to sell them actually to kids in my high school. Bad I know. But its popular right now, I would maybe talk to the other kid's parent about this.
I would absolutely get any info I could from the other kid's parents, and I would also assume that your kid was possibly going through the stage of experimenting with drugs. It's well within your rights to test your child for drugs, in case there's a problem. There are good tests you can pick up, online or through a drug store maybe.  At least, as a parent, you will be perceived as caring about it getting him in to trouble, and that's always a good thing. If he is experimenting or using, the earlier he get's to an addictions counselor the better, right? No use sticking your head in the sand.
How are things going?  Did you find anything out?