Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Now-synthetic Weed addiction

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Now-synthetic Weed addiction

My husband used to have a weed problem - 15 years. The birth of our daughter caused him to never pick it up again. However, shortly after that he found "spice", and is back to $800-$1200 a month in spending. He never comes inside, when family comes over (HIS family) he sits outside and smokes. At night he'll fall asleep in his car smoking. I literally pay for everything we have. Two cars, ins, house, bills, etc you name it. Help. He'll sneak my cards or have fits. We just lost our daughter two months ago so this is now becoming even more overwhelming. I love him and can't stand him. It's so much worse. And if I have pills, like my Percs for my C-section in December, he took those without asking. We went through rehab and everything last year. He drank himself into some stupid rage at the beach and got arrested which led to a year of courts etc. (that's another story) I've tried to get him to go to AA, NA, 7 Pillars, etc. he's making me hate him and say things I would NEVER say. Makes me cry so bad and often. Help.
Hi and welcome. Truly sorry what your going through and your loss. He can only help himself and if youve tried everything then maybe best to leave and start a fresh life over. From what you say, hes really messed up. You were a person before you met him and youll be the same person if you decide to leave.
Bless your loss
The only thing you have to take from him is yourself. It is ruining you. You do not love what he's become. He is still in there, just co warding behind his addiction. You have to walk away for you. You are enabling him and he is living comfortably without consequence. You are the only consequence. Make yourself a consequence of his addiction.