Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Please Help with Lortab Addiction.. CONFUSED!!

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

So, I am going to try to make this a short as possible but I have so many questions about Lortab addictions. First question is can it cause you to forget really important things.. EX..... and this is so hard for me to ask but I need to know... my husband cheated on me.. and it wasnt a one night stand kinda of thing. It went on and on and on. The thing is I lived thru a nightmare for almost 3 years the lies, deceptions the pure hate he spewed toward me only to flip back and say he loves me... it was a nightmare.. so here's my question, we are trying to work through it. But he has admitted he is addicted to lortabs and at the time that he was doing all that he was really bad on them. He claims he doesnt remember  most of any of it.. But I do not have that luxury I remember the nightmare he put me and our family thru. How could he not remember is that possable. If I need to give more details of what happened I am willing to do that because I just dont see how anyone that had an affair could just not remember most of any of it. Or try to say it was because of the lortabs is why he did it. It was a long time not just a one time thing with the same girl. It was always him and her saying they loved eachother.. And the crap he said and did to me was so cruel I dont understand how he could just not remember.. so if more details would be helpful please I will tell because I am so desprate to understand if not I am done trying with my marriage, How can I forgive or forget if he has no idea or acts like he has no idea of how painful or how much of a nightmare I went thru.. PLEASE HELP!!!
Welcome to the forum!  I am BOTH a recovering opiate addict AND a very involved loved one in "living with addicts/alcoholics".  Having said that, and also using the same drug of choice for legit pain that your hubby used, I became addicted.  My usage grew due to the toleration factor and then became addicted full blown.... by the time I quit I was taking a lot of lortabs.   So.....YOUR HUSBAND IS FULL OF BS!!  Sorry girl, but he darn well knows who he slept with and is "playing you".  If he's still using, and has no intentions of getting clean,
he won't be honest with you right now and will be FULL of BS and excuses.  He may not intentionally mean to break your heart, but he is definitely responsible for ALL of his choices whether under the influence of a pill or not!  Lying and cheating are part of the addiction cycle.  Even for people who have never lied or cheated in their entire life.  The POWER of narcotics is cunning, baffling and powerful.  Please go online to the web sites of Al-Anon and Nar-Anon.  Both the .org and .com sites.  Lots of help and support there.  Literature is great, onliine meetings, too.  You have to take care of YOU now dear one.  And that means learning about addiction so you "won't be buffalowed".  If he KNOWS you know.....and you get well enough to take steps to live your life HAPPY, changing you, could force him to look at himself.  Not that it will. ..but it did in one of my cases.
Be good to you and educate yourself........he's yankin your chain!
Blessings to you~