Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Please help..daughter and percocet abuse

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

My 23 year old daughter was prescribed percocet last year for pain. somehow it has spiraled out of control into a two pill a day 30 mg which she snorts. She lives at home with us, has a job, yet never has money. My husband and I suspected this for a long time and have been seeing a therapist even though there was never any proof other than a change in her, her moods, lying, sneekiness, not caring about her appearance, low, low self esteem etc. Finally last night two of her friend acame to us and told us they have been worried about her for a while and trying to get her to stop.Well, we now have proof...where do we go from here? I'm at a loss. She's denying it to us, but we are so worried about overdosing, and withdrawel.We have an appoint Monday with our therapist (husband and I) so were holding on til then. Can anyone help an extremely scared stressed out mom and dad who only want to do whats right and help our girl?
Welcome to medhelp, taliwagger. Keep posting. You came to the right place, I think everyone fell asleep this weekend and didn't see your post. Soon someone with more experience than me will come and help you. Sending hugs. Don't be scared. Now you know the truth, you will help your daughter.
Thank you so much for your reply diva! It means so much that someone took the time to read and respond. Thank you again
((Hugs))
It takes some time here, but people wake up and respond. It is the weekend, after all. This site put me back on my feet. You describe your situation very clearly, you are seeing the truth now and there are loving ways to help your daughter. Go to other people's posts with a similar problem and read the responses from experienced people. Some solutions will apply to you. There are many caring people here and you can pour your heart out without fear or shame. (())
Hi taliwagger and welcome! You and your husband are great parents and I'm sure you are worried about your daughter! It's good that you are seeing a therapist and hopefully they will be able to give you some good information and advice! Your daughter is still denying that she has a problem, and until she is ready to admit it and reach out for help, there's not too much that you and your husband can do to force it! I agree with Diva and read the posts here as much as you can! There is a lot of information there! Keep trying to talk with your daughter, and tell her how much you both love her and want to help!

Take care, good luck, and yes keep posting here for advice and support for you! Weekends are slow around here, but others who have direct experience will be along with advice! Best wishes and stay strong!
I just thought I would add, that you might check into attending Alanon meetings! There, you can meet other parents and family members who are going through a similar experience with loved ones! You will find wonderful support and advice at Alanon! Take care!
Thanks so much Sonrissa and diva!

We have an appointment with our therapist today that we are really looking forward to. Yes, my daughter is still in denial unfortunately She came home yesterday clearly high,,at first we thought it was pot but watching her nod out while eating and then throwing up a few times...it was pretty obvious. We need to find out among other things, if she is in withdrawel or overdosing..not sure how to tell and what we should be doing.Her safety right now is our biggest concern as well as getting her help.
Believe me, we know we cant force it which makes it harder.

Thank you again for your caring support. It is so nice to have somewhere to go and talk about this.