Should I let my addict husband come home
I have just made my husband leave to go to his parents for the first time in the 7 years we have been married. We have 3 children and he is addicted to lorcets,recently claimed to come off of them and then I found an adderall in the floor and he admitted he had been taking them. I thought he was in so much pain but it was too late when I realized how addicted he was and he had pawned everything we own including my SUV that I had for 10 years and was put in his name when we got married. He also sold a laptop of mine and even a vacuum cleaner I was using..He will sell anything for pills. I found out so many things he had done to buy pills from his friends because he had lied to them to so they ended up being honest with me instead of hiding his lies from me. He would even do work at their houses and get hundreds of dollars and buy pills with it and doesn' provide for me and the kids whatsoever. His parents and my grandparents pay all the bills and I have been on foodstamps for years. I have stayed so busy at school for the past 2 years somedays I just let him go but now I am so broken hearted and miss him but I wanthim to get better but he doesn't even call me to discuss anything. While he is home I can't do anything righ and his mother thinks I am an angry person. I am becoming so bitter and depressed I don't know if I can do this...
I was just about to say that you sound broken-hearted and then I saw your nickname...OMG I am just so sorry for you.

One thing I am learning (I'm pretty new at this) is that addicts don't learn from nagging, pleading or begging...they learn from consequences.  You're strong enough to have made that difficult decision...good for you!

I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Sounds like you've tried everything...you're in my prayers tonight. Glad you have a strong family to help you through. God bless you all.

Thank you so much for responding and caring.  I am so heart broken I don't know what to do. It has got me way depressed to where I can't enjoy anything and having thoughts of quitting school and just giving up...Funny you say that because I feel like I am constantly nagging and pleading to him then it turns into anger toward him and makes it worse so he avoids me...I don't know how to deal with this. It all happened so fast and I love him so much and trusted him with all my heart. He was never like this when we first got married...I let him come home but he admitted to me that he had done some worse things. Instead of confiding in me he turns to drugs...He doesn't even have his wedding ring anymore...The only thing I can do is pray for him and help him through this...I don't want to kick him out anymore because it made everything worse. Thank you again for yourthoughtful message and prayers.  I accidentally spelled my nickname wrong and could not figure out how to change it.