Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Sister in Law is a terrible addict..
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sister in Law is a terrible addict..

Hey everyone, My sister in law has been a user of percs and pretty much any other pain killer for the past 4 years. When i first met her she didn't do any drugs. She was a wonderful person who cared and love for her family and kids. five years ago she was admitted to the hospital for serve cramps in her stomach and was given percs and from that moment till now she has been taking them everyday. I have lost ever ounce of respect I have ever had for her. She has stolen thousands of dollars from her family and friends.  If something comes up missing she blames her 4 year old little boy. It's the most sadest thing I have ever seen. My husband has cut off all communication with her. She has done so many bad things to him he can't find it in his heart to ever forgive her. She has had numerous boyfriends in the passing years and remember one time picking up our niece for the weekend and her telling us how her house is like a revolving door for men. I was completely crushed to think that she had to see all this crap. She treats her daughter more as a friend than her parent. She talks to her dealers in front of them, puts her family down in front of them and talking very very bad in front of the kids. She doesn't cook for them and vary rarely cleans the house. She stays in her room and watches tv or lay in bed reading a book. she has totally shut down from life, her kids and friends. Now it has come to the point of no return our niece has started trying alcohol, going to parties. talking to adults like sh*t and has the worse attitude. Plus the amount of boys she has dated as she said is sick considering her age.
I honestly don't know what to do anymore. She is such a strong manipulator that she makes people feel sorry for her which makes it easier for the people to enable her to continue use. Her parents pay for everything for her and the kids. They don't fully understand what they are doing because they justify it by thinking it's helping the kids. My husband and i try and open his mothers eyes to the fact she isn't helping her she is helping KILL her. She just doesn't get it. We try to tell her that our niece her granddaughter is following the same path as her mother and it's not healthy. That's when the grandmother gets defensive shuts down and gets so angry about my husband speaking the truth. He is the type of person to tell you how it is. I really admire that about him. How do we get his parents to see how bad his sister addiction really is and how much it's destroying their family. Thank you so much for reading this story.