Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Trying to move on

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Trying to move on

I'm trying so hard to be strong and put my girls and I first since my husbands addiction has destroyed all our vows, but  I'm getting all this hatred towards me from his family about kicking him out and being done with it after ten years, that I really look like a piece of **** and they have NO clue whats really going on. I'm getting angrier because he's not correcting their assumptions and I just don't know what to do anymore.
He wont correct their assumptions right now as blaming you takes the heat off him.  Try and distance yourself from them.  They still have their blinders on.  It is time to take care of you and your babies.