Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
Update, there IS hope

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

Update, there IS hope

Hi everyone.  Just writing with an update...  My daughter is doing awesome!  She has had a speedbump or two along the way but overall she is really doing super well.  She is off suboxone and has a great attitude.  At this point she is a little over 30 days into her 90 day program and has made a total turnaround as far as her attitude goes.  My daughter is back, her sense of humor and how grateful she is for everything is showing through loud and clear.  Court is going well, she should have a decision from the D.A. sometime next week on what her deal will be, fingers crossed.

Please forgive me for dropping out of sight, the closer court came the more nervous and paranoid I got about her ex "friends" seeing my posts.  I still don't want to post details but if any of my mentors want to know, pm me :-)

There IS hope out there for EVERYONE.  My daughter was really, really far gone but eventually got the idea that she could stop using heroin.  Please never give up, it can happen to your loved ones too.  I'm praying for each and every one of you.
.
Tags: HEROIN, Rehab
Hi Jane! I'm so happy to read this update! I have thought of you and your daughter often! I wondered how she was doing! It certainly sounds like she is well on the right track! You must be so happy to see this! It's now possible to look toward her future with optimism and hope! She has a full and wonderful life within her grasp! I commend you for never giving up and losing hope! I pray that you are doing well yourself! Take care, and please keep us posted on your daughters progress! I feel confident that this story will have a happy ending! All the best!