Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
how to get my boyfriend to admit he's using drugs

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

This morning I found a dope pipe in my boyfriends pocket while he was sleeping when I confronted him about it he claimed it had been his friends he left it in his car and didn't want to drive around with it, I had suspicouns before that he was doing meth but he always denied it and got angry that I would even ask but today when I found that pipe it was in my heart and gut that it was his and mind you we just had a baby together not even 5 weeks ago and have been together for 4 years now I'm at such a loss I don't want my son to have a broken family please any advice would help! Thank you for reading
Oh my goodness what a day you must be having. Until he admits hes an addict he wont quit. I know thats not what you want to hear but its the truth. You need to get yourself help asap. Aalon is where they can help you. Dont be an enabler. Whatch your money. Does he get violent?  Meth is dangerous and illegal. Have you just talked to him calmly without judging? I know right now every emotion is swinging wildly.
Ya he does get violent occasionally but never with me or anybody he just gets really angry and ya its been a very emotional day I told him he couldn't see his son until he takes a drug test and I've tried talking with him every way and today I lost it and just started accusing him of everything and I got very angry and called him names and left I know it wasn't very productive but I just didn't know what to do and still dont
My heart goes out to you.  You are in such an overwhelming situation in everyway.  You have so much to think about and now your emotions are reeling.

It is true there is nothing you can do until he admits he has a problem.  I wish I could offer suggestions for you.  

I have alcoholics/addicts that are close to me but not as a boyfriend or spouse.  It is difficult.  As brama88 said get yourself some support Aalon is a great source.

I was also recently given the following Medhelp support groups maybe you will find these helpful.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Living-with-an-Addict/show/1176
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Alcoholic--Living-with-an-/show/217

Take Good Care
I can relate to your situation.  My (soon to be ex) husband was a cocaine addict and binge drinker...He lied and stole from me until I couldn't take it anymore.  I begged him to get help and in the end he got abusive towards me and I left.  It was just me.  No children.  I didn't even realize how bad it was until I got out and got help. There are organizations that can help and protect you and your child...I don't know where you are but if you want to send me a personal message I can get you the information.  Remember-you can't control him or his addiction-all you can do is take care of yourself and your baby.  My heart goes out to you...Please let us know how you are....Lu
Hello, if I can share a lil bit of my own personal past, maybe it'll help a tad. First if you don't mind lemme share with you I've been an addict now unfortunately a lil over ten years!!! Until this past year, my life has been one roller coaster hell!!! Me and my wife(who stuck with me thank god, but why I dunno LOL), have been together for also a lil over ten years LOL. In the beginning it started with just pain pills, percocet tens etc etc. To make this a lil short and sweet towards I guess a quarter to half way thru these past ten years; I wound up strung out and very bad off on anything I could get but for a while C M,glass, crank, W/E you wanna call it and it soo bad to the point where I'd hit one or two R C's with every line of C M. Thank god somehow I was pulled out of all that eventually, and I still went back messing with just pain pills; until I started the clinic these last 10 months. I apologize for this being so long, but my primary point in all of this is I know personally maybe it's cuz I've never a mom or dad I dunno, but if it wouldn't have been for god and my wife sticking it out with me, I don't even wanna know where I'd be. We also have 4 kids which is some of our motive for wanting it to work so bad. But I can remember times when I was the same way never really violent against her or the kids, but from being up a few days straight or w/e and having to argue with her I'd be irritable etc etc, but deep inside she knew I had a good an honest heart, I just know what it means to me and my kids and our life as a family and I dunno all the details to y'alls situation by a long shot. Nor am I insinuating that you're just trying to leave LOL but for all the bad endings out there, I just like to share that there is still hope!!! We are better now and the past about year than we've been in a loooong time. My kids get the privilege of having both their parents too LOL. Well I don't at all pretend to know it all, but I definitely know more than I used to, LOL and I do hope everything works out for the best in y'alls life!!!!! Keep us posted on how it goes, this is a very good site with lots of support BTW.
Thank you but ya he just won't admit to anything I keep going to this website hoping someone will just give me an answer on what to do I'm in such a state right now where I don't feel any decision I make is the right one I'm feel so vonerable excuse me if I spelt that wrong but it just seems like all the signs were right in front of my face I feel soo stupid to believe him like I know in my gut it was his but my heart I want to believe him and make everhthing ok
O I know my son and I aren't in any danger around him, as of right now we don't live together and I appreciate everyones input on this everyones comments have helped thank you ill keep everyone posted on what's going on
This is not your fault.  Please don't blame yourself.  I am glad you are not in danger.  I suggest going to an Al-anon meeting.  You will find the answers and support you need there.  Trust your gut.  In my experience it's hardly ever wrong.  Be kind to yourself....Keep posting!  Lu
Everything just went all bad right now was the first time I've really talked to him since finding the pipe on him and it was awful I feel like crap and alone and I want to take something or drink yo get rid of this feeling and yet he's with his friends right now
Dear Brit,

You are not stupid!

You are in a terrible situation.  I understand the inability to think straight enough to know what to do and my situation is nowhere near as close to me as it is to you.

Please have faith in yourself.

Remember you are not alone!