how to get the truth when you know the truth
a women with two kids that has been doing drugs for at least 6 years (could be longer by looking back). Her son confronted her and she admitted to doing some but said not all the time. She said she would quit and go to meetings. As far as I know maybe only two but she lies so much I don't know if she went to any. She says she can do it on her own and she talks with her sponsor. Her kids are 15 and 18 and have seen alot at their home with low life people coming and going from their home and some of them staying up all night and staying in the garage. She has not had a steady job since 2007 and just a few house cleaning jobs now and then. She stays in her room most of the time and when friends come over they are in her bedroom just lounging around. She used to keep her home, yard and cooking up at all times. Her house is a fllthy mess and she is home all day doing nothing and never has a meal prepared when kids get home from school. You confront her and she can lie at the drop of a hat..need advice on what do to help her get back on track and live a productive life. She does not communicate with her siblings as she has pushed them away and her parents only if she needs something. Parents have made sure the kids have what they need and help get them to school. Look forward to some advice..Thanks
There's not a whole lot that can be done unfortunately, if the addict is in denial. You can certainly get the kids involved in Alateen though, and that will help them to cope with their mother's lifestyle. You can also go to Alanon or Naranon, to help you help them. I'm glad that the kid's have got some support. That might make the difference as to whether they grow up and use themselves, but i really think they need to have that line drawn in the sand, and be involved with a program that denounces the use of mind altering substances. I suppose that the kid's can't go to their grandparent's home? That might help the mother to make a decision to help herself. The mother may benefit knowing that the kid's are not in denial about the use, and of course having any books that they use in sight, and leaving the big book in the house for her to see and maybe look at might help. Thank God for you caring. God Bless you and keep us informed. I'm here if you need to talk. Liz
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply and I will certainly make sure the  kids are in involved as I am the grandparent. The kids have come here to live at different times and then their mom will straighten for awhile and then they want to go home and I understand that. They still love her but they don't respect her. It breaks my heart as she grew up in a great home with two sisters and parents that loved her. The kid's dad lives about 2 hours from them and he is an alcohlic and is in and out of trouble. Sometimes I think I could handle death easier than this. I pray everyday for a miracle but I do know she has to want to have a better life too. Thanks again for your reply.