Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
meth is ruining us

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

meth is ruining us

I wanna fn kill him!! He dun do it like eryday but once a week or soo n hes a whole nuther person wen high on it remeber the high can last 4days or more no sleep nuthn to eat i lov him wit erythng but wen hes on it we argue baddd!! Been together 3 in a half yrs im 8 months prego n the drug jus started a mnth ago i can CLEARLY TELL WEN HE IS ON IT AND WEN HE IS SOBER he says hed done n blah blah but 2 times since i found out the 1st time hes had setbacks but the arguing n keepin me up for days n porn! Is ruining us we are so happy wen he is sober i just dun no if i can b strong enuf to get thur this n hope he gets clean n gud bkus if he is stil yet to b clean wen our bby is born it will b done will not havs her in tht situation need help on how to help him kuz wen i no hes high i get mad i have anger issues! N i call him names n i no i shuldnt but dun relize until its done he says bsides himself im the only one who can help him n i want to but idk how!! Help
Has he had issues with drugs in the past?  I know this is a tough time.  You are not alone as we understand what you are going thru.  We also know what he is going thru too as most of us are recovering addicts.  He has to be the one to stop the drugs on his own.  Do you have family close by?  Is this your first baby?  Please keep talking to us~
4 yrs ago he did 4 2 weeks straight tht was thr end n no i have no one wen he got clean was wen he moved to my city where we met n now we move bk to his home town n he messed up again im 18hrs away frm home kuz we moved here to let him see his family for a while he agreed to move bk were im from wen r daughter is born n yes shes my 1st
He smokes weed but i culd care less **** is legal pretty much but it has no impact on him like the meth n i dynno if i can help him sooo close to walkin out n flyin home alone he jus keeps lettin me n himself dwn he needs outta this small town its to esy to come by here whole fn town is on it  its sad!! But idk wat to do
He has to want to help himself.  You dont need all this extra stress right now.  You are getting the brunt of his addiction.  Have you thought about going to alanon?
So you've been together for over three years, and are 8 months pregnant. You say that you've both been happy together when he's clean and sober. So, out of these three years that you've been together, can you tell us when the meth use began? Does he go on binges ever year, or has this just started in the last little while?

I think that you should avail yourself to Alanon , or Naranon, which is a group for families of addicts. You can learn alot about your role in no longer enabling him. Is your husband working? Do you have insurance for rehab? You can help him still from a distance. You can give him the option of getting himself clean and sober, and proving that he is, and maybe joining you and the baby in your home state?

If he's telling you that you're the only one to help him, then he does realize that he's got a problem. Knowing that he's got a problem is half of the problem solved. What he needs to know, maybe from other addicts here on Medhelp, is that the family cannot "fix" this problem. If it were me, (and it was) I really feel that I would have done significantly better had I been able to access other addicts on this site. If I were you, I would start now, and give him this website. All he needs to do is say that "I think my wife is the only person that can help me to get off meth", and the healing begins...

No matter what you choose to do, I'm so sorry that you're going through this during what should be the best time in your life. Congrats of the pregnancy, and many happy returns. If you ever need to talk, please send me a message.
Thanks guys n yea just started