Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
need help with heroin

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

need help with heroin

we tested my son and found that he is still using.He is 19 and he has a son 1 yr old. I know he wants to quit, and I know now he cant do it on his own.Does any one know of a good rehab center, I do have insurance to cover some cost.He really is a good person, and I miss him.I want to thank those who took the time to answer my question,it means so much to know you are not alone.We are in Scottsdale az
I know you said your in Scottsdale AZ and would like to send your son there but...personally I would send him to a neighboring state where he has no ties. Its too easy to leave a rehab when your connection is close. Starting fresh and new is best done by making a geographical move.(IMO) Who am I...An ex heroin addict whose been there done that.

Back to your original question, the name of a good rehab....hmmm. AZ is close to where Im at in CA, so I will give you some top notch names that will accept him for free. YES! FOR FREE. They are 90 day spots that will take him for free. They will put him on General Relief and take that as a monthly payment. Your insurance will not be needed. Also, after he gets grounded, they will give him work etc....transition him to a outpatient sober living...ect.

http://stjohnofgodhcs.org/Services.php

http://www.tarzanatc.org/?gclid=CO-6lojK_LQCFW6CQgodlRYAXQ

Good luck
Hello and welcome back. That is great he wants help. The first thing I would do is call your insurance company. They will beable to direct you. Most insurance companies only cover for 30 days. That is a start but will need more support after that. The longer the better.
I am glad you tested him. Does he live with you? My daughter who is 21 was living with us off and on. She was using, stealing money and jewelry from us.
As hard as it was we kicked her out. Did she get worse? Yes she got arrested a few times and got to her bottom. She went to a Christian rehab four months and she is still there. She is doing amazing. I am so proud of her. There is always hope. Keep the faith.
Have him start to call around. He needs to do the leg work.
Debbie
There is a great rehab center in arizona called Sierra Tuscon. one of my friends went there and he's doing great now. It would definitely be your best bet if you live in arizona. Its supposed to be beautiful and they are considered to be one of the best in the country. heres a link to there websitehttp://sierratucson.crchealth.com/ . Good luck! i hope he finds the help he needs.
There is a great center that I went to called "The Ranch" in Nunelly Tennessee. It is a 30 day program and really helps get in touch with yourself and the reasons you became addicted in the first place. The is another is New Mexico Taos...supposed to be great. The Ranch is not in a hospital like setting..its very beautiful, horses and different types of therapy.
There's a very good treatment center in Wickenburg.  I've been to it myself!  I'm sorry about your son.  I hope that he wants to get better!
I know this is a tough situation for you and it sounds like you are definitely doing the right things (testing him, looking in to rehab etc.) and its great that HE wants to quit because at the end of the day, hes the one who has to do all the work. Rehab is usually the best way to go if you can afford to send him and hes willing to go! I do not know of any particular ones that are good, but know there are many choices to choose from!

I do want to throw something out there though for you. You (and any other immediate family members) should really look into going to Al-Anon! Whether he goes to rehab or not! Al-Anon is a great resources for people to learn about the disease addiction and teaches you tools on how to help him, without enabling him.

Anyways, I wish you and your family the best and I hope he takes this help you are trying to get him!

http://stjohnofgodhcs.org/Services.php

Good luck

I just want to thank every one for their response to my questions. At a time of feeling so alone it was comforting to hear all the responses. Thank you all.

saec
Bless you for looking for rehabs for your son, there is no time to waste.  He cannot do this on his own you are right about that.  It is a terrible disease, addiction, and he must be surrounded by people who are going to support his sobriety.  We are living this experience with an adult daughter and unfortunately she has had to lose everything, (job, chid, car, apartment, friends, family) to get to the point of being serious about getting clean.  I will never stop being an anchor of support when she is sober but when she s actively using she knows the rules, no contact, she is not allowed at our home, she cannot see her child etc.  She has not  been successful in 3 different rehabs and is now using a methadone clinic to stay clean which she has been clean for 8 months, the longest ever.  I struggle with the fact that using methadone she is not "technically" clean but it has allowed her to have a job again, see her child again and it is the first time in years I see my daughter again, not some complete stranger.  Many blessings to you and your family, it is a hard road and the family suffers terribly.  You are not alone.