why do they do it
the love of my life loves drugs more then me. he has been clean of them for 3 years he was doing crack and brown for years then meet me it took a year of hard work but we got there in the end and all he was on was buprenorphine 0.4 and now he is back on the drugs after 3 years of being clean. what do i do now
Hi Sharleen and sorry your going through this. Just start over again but try to put your finger and what made him start again, as that is the issue you need to address first. Was it an incident or lack of an incident?
Did he have any type of aftercare during his clean time?  I would recommend you seeking some also.  
Now, you take care of you and hope/pray he decides to go back into recovery. Unfortunately, addiction is treatable, but not curable. He will have to work on it everyday forever. Relapse is a part of it for some. It does not mean he will continue to use forever now. Your job is to take care of you and not enable him. Look for Nar-anin or Al-anon meetings in your area. They will help you learn how to live with an addict.