??????
Where is everybody? It's been a day or so since anyone had something to say. You know that one of the worst things you can do is bottle up your problems. Eventually they will fill you so much that they will explode and that is not a very nice picture. Get it out. Speak to someone, anyone, as long as you don't keep it brewing inside. That is the problem, not only with drugs, but with almost anything. Too afraid that people will look down on you? So what, it is your problem and you have to work it out regardless of what others think. You want freedom from your problem? Go for it and go with everything you've got. Their are proffesionals who can help you if you get stuck and the people here who care enough to add their voices towards your recovery and that is good. Speak out and you will be amazed at the support you will find here. Start the journey and don't worry about the pitfalls. Just gather your strength and keep on moving. I won't say,"Good luck," because luck will have nothing to do with it. It is you and you alone that must be the driving force that takes you through.
Really Mangee? You have been around some 6 years now. You didn't notice that ever since the "arrival" of the private message system that hardly anyone posts on the social side anymore? I know you don't come around much but you must have noticed this? No? Have you at all looked on the Substance Abuse side? It's like you just got here....
Hi Mangee nice to meet you!  great post!
Nice to meet you, Mangee.  Sure hope I can have the spunk you have as I continue on with this aging process.
I have only been on this forum since Aug 2012 and sort of landed in the substance abuse forum.....I really do forget to check this social forum to see what fellow recovering addicts are posting.  

Unless it's football season and you are in the football pool, doesn't seem like there's much activity here.  I'll try to remember to check it more often and hope you'll drop in the substance abuse forum and share when you can.
lol on the last part  
As usual you are right on the money my Canadian friend. The whole drug experience begins with talking about it. Especially the "quiting" part of the whole drug experience. Here on this forum we have an extensive amount of experience that should be drawn upon. Not just to make the withdrawls more bearable.......but to remain sober when that urge hits.....and I dont know of one person that didnt have cravings of one degree or another. Quiting isnt a single step - its a process.............thanks Mangee
You are right on eagle.I have definitely wanted to escape reality since I quit.Because getting high feels good(not a lot of people want to mention that) we will probably always feel an urge for it,however fleeting it is.I choose not to take just one because I will no longer be in control of my situation at that point.I try not to get caught up in the magical aspect of recovery as I believe it to be dangerous to my sobriety and sanity.  
You are spot on with the comment about the magical aspect of recovery.
Thank you sarah!  hope you're having a good day