Addiction: Social Community
7months pregnant coming off heroin

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

7months pregnant coming off heroin

Does anybody know if I stay clean the last 3 months of my pregnancy if I can get my baby taken ? (Which I plan to stay clean ) I have no desire to touch the stuff again I find it disgusting & idk how I was putting that in my body I'm almost a month clean. Do u also know if they check for drugs when babys born & if I've been clean the last 3 months it shouldn't show up right ? No I'didnt tell my ob & don't plan to please don't harras me I know what I did was wrong
Hi I am not sure but I think that you should repost this in the substance abuse community.This is the social community .Hope you get the answer you are looking for.
Wow.. Not only was that in your body but your baby's as well.. You need to tell your doctor so if something goes wrong they know what do to..
From what i know, the doctors can test the placenta after the baby is born and it will show any drug used during your whole term. But they don't always test the placenta. I think they only do that if they suspect any drug use. and they always test the babies first bowel movement which can show any drugs used since 20 weeks pregnant. They do that because if the baby is born addicted, sometimes they won't show signs of w/d for 72 hours after birth. And if there's no other medical problems with the baby, they're usually sent home within 24-48 hours after birth. So it's sort of a liability thing. They don't want to send home a baby who appears to be fine and then a few days later the baby start w/ding from drugs. Now this happened to my sister in law. She abused pills extremely while pregnant with my nephew. So he was born addicted and had to be kept in the NICU to be detoxed. So of course CPS got involved and gave both her and my brother drug tests and since they tested positive, they weren't allowed to take him home. It was sad. He mother got custody of the baby. I hope some of this info helps. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me and i'll be more than happy to talk to you. Good luck
Hi, well i think you have done a great job staying off heroin for 3 months , many people frown upon this , and if they have never been where you are then they have no idea! you are a strong woman, do not be ashamed you came to a forum for advice for help from people that has addiction issues, so i understand completely! was you ever on methadone, to wein off of the heroin? If not, and by any chance something happens, you need to seek help from a clinic methadone, clinic, its much safer. 20 weeks is how far they go back when screening the tacoma/first stool the baby has. methadone and heroine are a lot a like methadone is much safer thats about the sum of it, so say maybe you were on methadone when you found out you were pregnant, which is legal, I think if you talk with your doctors about methadone and trying to get help, they will understand. I dont believe they will take your baby, you been clean 3 months and thats very good, on your behalf and babys also