Addiction: Social Community
A Wonderful Night

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

A Wonderful Night

Today was my stepson's 27th birthday..we all went out as a family to a local Japanese steakhouse...I was hesitant about going, feeling a little down, not sure I wanted to be with crowds..but I went..and I had the best time I've had in years (as did everybody)...I felt like my old self again, telling my dumb stories, making puns and telling my oldest daughter stories about North Beach in SF in the 60's (she's 25)...we all had such a great time and I'm still on a high from that...maybe the old me is coming back..of course, one day at a time...but tonight was one of the best nights of my life...and the sushi was wonderful..

Jim
aawwhhhh jim...this story makes my heart smile.  i'm soooo glad you had such an awesome evening with your family.  

three more days and i'll be back in alabama with my family...FULL TIME.  
Oh i am so happy for you!!!  Things are really looking up for you!!!  Sushi??  YUCK!!!  I just cant stomach that!!
thank you, Lizzie and could for you...oh, how I wish I was in the south (Georgia)...one day..

I was never too crazy about sushi to begin with but my late son took me for some one day and ordered the right stuff...it was wonderful and I'm hooked on it.  one has to develop a taste for it but I just love it now....just watch that wasabi

Jim
WTH is wasabi?  Is that what happens after you eat sushi??!!!!  LOL
hah hah...it's green stuff they plop on your plate in smal portions...it's hotter than chinese mustard..I melted my fork after having some the first time (I don't do chopsticks), but you can put a small portion on your sushi (hmm..almost sounds kinda kinky, eh?) and it gives it an added kick.

Jim
My husband and daughter love wasabi,me,I'll pass.It is ultra hot
Having a night out with family usually turns out to be a fantastic night. That is something I like to do. My favourite food when out is spaghetti and meatballs with crushed chilli peppers. As for eating sushi I can't get it past my lips. I love the hot stuff. nI mhave never btasted wasabi but I will soon. Whem I was a kid, my siblings and me would have a hot cup of tea, without milk, and hot pepper sandwiches. None of us wanted to be known as a wimp so we would sit there suffering and sweating bullets. I found out the last thing you should do after something hot like peppers etc. is drink water. A slice of bread with peanut butter usually lightens the pain.
My cockatiel was running onto the keyboard and I never noticed he had helped me type as  the words after , I love the hot stuff, will testify. I should really proof read but I am usually too lazy to do that.
Last night we had dinner, our oldest daugher (24) was here with her dog (boxer) and on the spur of the moment said lets all hop in the truck and get icecream..so the girls got in the bed of the truck, the dogs in the backseat and off we went..it was about 9PM and everybody had a great time..was so cool hearing the girls laughing up a storm, calling out to cars as we passed them...her dog figured out he could climb through the little window in the back and get in the bed of the truck (scarey)...but all survived and it was great fun I hope all will remember...

Jim
It's great to read how your having some good times.  I'm from San Francisco too and I just posted a little bit of my experiences growing up in San Francisco.

My parents were divorced, and my Father lived in North Beach, so I used to hang out there with him when I would go to visit.  The City was a great place to grow up.

What Schools did you go to?
We actually moved from San Francisco before I started school...from what I know we lived on 19th street? not far from the Zoo..but much of my youth was spent with my grandparents in SF or my Dad was always taking us there, and as I got older (late teens) I was in SF every chance I got..(mostly at the Fillmore Auditorium or Carousel Ballroom (Fillmore West) but I was always taking dates to SF...the wharf, (Aliotos!) Ghiardelli Square, etc...

We were there about 2 years ago and didn't have a lot of time to spend in The City (we were out for my stepmother's funeral) but I could still find my way around after so many years being away (though the earthquake changes threw me a bit)...I drove my wife and daughter and niece through GG park and out to the bridge...I wanted to take them on a real tour but we were running low on time...

I ultimately grew up in Belmont and San Carlos..left the Bay Area in 1977, but been back several times..Everytime I see something about SF on TV I get so homesick..I can smell the smells of areas they show, feel the air,....Most beautiful city in the world

back to work

Jim