Addiction: Social Community
After WD's, Vitamin Regiment question...

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Sorry for creating a post but I brought this up in a few of my older threads but unfortunately didnt get any good answers. Does anyone drink 5 hour energy? If so, do you find it to be helpful and especially helpful say for days 14-30 after stopping opiates? I have drank a half bottle for two days now and it is doing wonders for me but I also want to make sure that I am not taking to much of something. I am currently taking a multi-vitamin, whey protein, potassium, b6 & exersizing. I apologize for my many posts but it seems taht I am now addicted to this site...and dead serious about sobriety. I want to make sure I am doing it right this time and for some reason I am on this serious health kick and wanting to make sure I put good stuff in my body & help my mind heal faster to. The 5 hour appears to be all natural and no sugar so I am assuming its not bad for ya....
i would check the daily amount of B6 that you are taking, bucks ... from what i know and i am no expert... B's is one of those vitamins not to overdose... there is no problem with the aminos cause our body gets rid of any excessive amount that it is not consumed daily...
I am taking half of one of the b6 pills a day so 50mg (100mg tablets).
ok.. a safe intake is 100 mg... doses like 200 mg for a long time have side effects ...

i would just don't drink a lot of those drinks because they are stimulant and we are advised not to drink stimulants beverages like drinking a lot of coffee.... but if you feel ok and don't drink a lot, i would think it is all right even if the less , the better :)
great thanks for the help Laurel!
I agree with laurel453......I graduated college with a nutrition minor and you do need to watch the toxicity levels of supplements....Most are ok and are water soluable which means your body will take what it needs and excrete the rest.  I too take the 5 hour energy's and think they truly do work.  If you use google you can find sites that have daily limits on each nutrient.  If you are truly concerned about vitamin B you can find out how much is too much.  Like everything else though, you do not want to become dependent on stimulants for energy.  If you focus your energy on eating a wide variety of fresh lean meats and fresh vegetables and work on getting as much physical exercise your energy and mental state will improve ten fold.  Many of us recovering addicts find it difficult to eat properly and exercise during the first few months of recovery but if you do you will notice a huge difference.  Keep taking your suppliments for the next 6 months or so after your initial detox period.  I have done a lot of research on PAW'S and this is where most people relapse.  Enough time goes by where you forget about how horrible detox really is and due to the affects of PAW's you some how convince yourself that one or two would be ok.....Like anything else, once you have formed an addiction you can NEVER NEVER go back and use recreationally.....Anyways, God bless and good luck!
PAWS...,dont research it...trust me! inside joke but Laurel knows what I mean..
Take your vitamins/supplements as you are doing.  Allow your body to make its own natural energy instead of drinking those energy drinks.         sara
yeah, ;)
LOL, i thought you would think that was funny considering our messages a few days ago....I really believe positive thinking leads to positive things and if I worry about PAWS then I will get PAWS. If I focus on getting healthy and thankful for every day I have clean then I will live everyday to the fullest. Also, PAWS seems to have several different meanings and several different reactions to people. I think if you are someone who is depressed or has a lot of stress in your life, or you were a hardcore user than there is a risk for it. I personally love my life and have a good life, just used because I liked the way pills made me feel. Because of this I am going to have to fight cravings everyday but its a fight I am geared up for so pack a lunch! Now, I will and am facing waves of good moments and bad moments mentally but each day they become less frequent and each day I learn how to ride them better. There is no way I am turning back now folks almost to my second goal of 30 days...dont worry, everyday I have a goal too, that is stay clean for that day and enjoy the moment.
i remind myself every night that i can not let my guard down when i say " today i didn't use " :)