Aftercare/Support Groups?
I was just curious how many of you out there are getting aftercare and what kind? After I failed over and over and felt completely beat I realized that I could never let my guard down and needed a support group to help me STAY clean. I did go to N/A for a short time, it's a great support group, but it was not for me. I go to meetings on Friday's, it's a lil different from N/A. I guess my main source of aftercare is this forum because it has taught me the most. Maybe it's not the proper aftercare and some may not agree, but a big reason I am clean today is because of this place. What are you using as aftercare?

P.S. Come check out the Addiction Recovery Forum that avisg created, it's another great support group:)

7
1. N/A meetings/support group

5
2. Therapist

11
3. Medhelp

1
4. Church

1
5. Other
I go to NA and also have a coffee bunch i meet with once or twice a week that consists of recovering addicts.  Aftercare is necessary for me.  It keeps me grounded.
well im just on the waiting list to see a therapist so i don't know what im getting into because i never been before.
I have NA and a Therapist...both are much needed.  NA is ok...but I may need another group in my hood.  I have not connected with anyone at my current one...but it is good to go to nonetheless.  My therapist is a lifesaver...and we have discussed the Addiction for the past 3 years...and now have a plan...which is always good for me.
I had to go to different meetings before i found one i liked too.  You will know when you do have that connection.
Yeah, I figured.  Not that they are not great folks...they are...I just need a different set.  

Thanks!
It is very important to find ones that you can connect with.  Some of the people on here go to AA too and love it.  Whatever works for you is what is important.
I didn't find a meeting that was suiting me yet but I know I'm gonna find one, I'm kinda stubborn. lol. I go to an addiction specialist and I'm finally in CBT therapy. The major part of my support is on here tho. I learned so much about addiction on here.....
I get my after care from my Lord and savior Jesus Christ....hallelujah
I see a therapist but that's mainly to deal with the abuse.For my addictions I'm just using Medhelp.It seems to be working just fine I'm on day 84.I have also just let GOD into my heart so he is now travelling this journey with me.
I see a therapist and go to an addiction recovery group meeting at least once a month. Aftercare will be necessary for me forever I believe.
medhelp is my therapy !!!!!!
I'm going to NA. IOP counselling,Church,prayer therapy and Medhelp.And talking to my family about it. Every Day..`
med help...and support from my family and friends...i thank God everyday for helping me get through life drug free...maria  :0
I see a therapist and use you guys. I also look to god for my recovery