An NFL Football Pool Poll
Since we only have three weeks of regular season play, I am thinking ahead to the post-season games.

I would like to do it the way we have in the past years I have been here but I thought it fair to get some opinions and decide if we want to change it.

In the past we declare a regular season winner after the last game. They get all sorts of prizes and gifts and what not (only kidding).

Then we go on to the wild card games, the divisional playoffs and the conference championship games. The slate has been wiped clean at this point so from here on we can declare another winner. We use the confidence point system of 16, 12, 8 & 4 and you can  award the highest points to the teams you feel will win.  

Once those games are over we once again declare a winner for post-season games. Winner #2.

We are then on to the Pro-Bowl and for that we choose the NFC or the AFC and points as we do in the regular season. The person who picks the winning team and comes closest to the points wins. Winner #3.

Last but not least, we have the Super Bowl. (I will take Green Bay and 42 points. Shut up Bonnie). In this game we pick who we think will win and again we use the point system as in the regular season.

With this everyone here has four chances to win something. Whether it is the regular season, post season, Pro Bowl or Super Bowl.

So please let me know what you think or if anyone has another idea. Thanks guys!

5
1. Keep it the way it is

0
2. Let's do something different

1
3. All this math confuses me
Yo, I love the way you're doing the playoffs. But I've never seen the SB left out before. Why not include it in the playoff pool and also have a "pick em" for just the SB and again for the PB? Or is that what you mean and I'm misreading?

And for the PB, how about including some over/unders for NFC yards, AFC yards, etc? I can PM you some common (and fun) things to add to the PB specifically.
I will go along with whatever the group decides! Can't wait for the playoffs as long as my Niners make it! LOL!

Want to say thank you IBK, for putting this together, and for doing all the "math" !  (Smile)
Thank you Sonrissa. You are very welcome. I love that you guys (and me) have some place to go and have fun. It's a great little group.

You got some great ideas Ben-some of which I may ask for your help with.

I always kept the PB and the SB separate because well, the SB is the SB--the ultimate game. And I wanted the members to have 4 separate chances to win something during the season. I felt it was fair.

Ok, so what do you mean by Pick 'em? I would do over/unders but my numbers would make you all roll over and laugh. That is something I would have to consult the boys in Vegas for. So what are the fun things for the pro bowl? Do we get to go topless in hula skirts? Help me out here Ben....
Topless in Hula skirts?? Um, you really don't want to see that, do you?? Don't forget, I live in Vegas! I have access to all the "boys"! LOL!  I don't even think I know what I'm talking about! Coffee? Need coffee here!!
For the playoffs, the only thing I'm suggesting different is to include the SB in the pool. So if my 6-point team wins the SB, I'd get that 6 points. It's exactly what you're describing, but doesn't end with the conference championships (a "pick-em" just means picking a winner or loser with no point spread - what we do every week). So I am basically saying let's do exactly what you described but maybe include the SB in the playoff pool.

Now for the PB, I really like the sound of topless. People could wear any bottoms they wanted, or those could be optional too (darn it, now I can't stop thinking about that :) In addition to the "pick-em" for the PB itself, we could do any number of other fun and stimulating things:

Total points
# of NFC touchdowns
# of AFC touchdowns
Quarterback with most points and/or yards
RB with most points and/or yards
Best hula skirt (sorry, that just popped up for some reason)
Receiver with most points and/or yards
Coin Toss
First Sideline Interview

And so on and so forth. My favorites to bet on are the player stats. I could post the rosters for the QBs, RBs, and WRs in advance. The whole point being that the PB is basically impossible to pick a winner for. Thank you so much for running this pool, it's been great. And honestly, I'm 100% cool with doing it however you like to do it (the pool and the attire).
Well Ben, you will not see me topless in a hula skirt or anything else. I recently discovered that my muffin top starts just under my six chins, then come these enormous boobs that are just out of control, below that is another muffin top and then some other thing that I don't know what to call. I am told I have knee caps but I haven't seen them in a while. So as not to burn your eye balls out, I will stay clothed. For the PB I would much rather watch Clay Matthews pool side thank you.

I just can't bring myself to include the SB with anything. In all my years running a pool or playing in them it was never included. My heart is screaming at me.

But I love, love your ideas for the Pro Bowl. That is a boring game to me so let's make it interesting. If you come up with anything else, throw it out there. I want you all to enjoy this!!

For right now, let's make it through the next three weeks. I will post the schedule in a bit here.
Okie dokie, then I vote we do it just like you described in your OP but add some fun "extra" categories for the PB. To keep it non-technical and to let people pick their favorites, I propose we just add the three player categories I mention above to the win/loss. Then whoever gets the best out of four wins.

Regarding the hula skirt - that was your idea! Oh, and I have never heard the term "muffin top" before now, LOL :)
I vote yes? Idk. I'm not gonna lie. It took me 3 n half hrs to read that only bc I have shiny ball syndrome. You know where ur trying to focus and a shiny ball goes by and go n Chase it and loose all focuss?.....no?...no one else gets that? Hmmmm......what were we talking about again?..
Your balls are shiny? hhmmm
Me n u r gonna sit down and discuss what's seriously wrong with u. Ok?
You ain't got enough time left in your whole life to have that conversation little one...
i liked it let's try that way ok :)
Which one do you like drifter?
the confidence way 4 8 12 16 :)
Thanks Drifter..me too!