Addiction: Social Community
Best way to lose 50 pounds

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Best way to lose 50 pounds

I am trying to lose 50 pounds and really need to for my own well being. I am at my heavyest wt ever and it is causing me to have low self-esteem. I don't even look like I weigh as much as I do which is a good thing. I am blessed not to have any medical problems due to me being over weight, however, if I don't lose weight and keep gaining I know that can change.
I am a fan of the Southbeach diet and in the past have lost over 20pds on the diet. I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for me or any good diets that will help me out? I am 27 anf have been batteling with my weight every since I was 20 yrs old. I was so thin before I had kids and now my kids are 10, 7, and 5 and I still have the weight on me.

I have heard that weight watchers is the best way to go, but I really am trying to save money so unless there is a free way for me to do weight watchers I don't think I can do that one. Any tips are welcome and I really appreciate it in advance.
Tags: .50, pounds, lose, Weight, help me, Diet
congrats on your 2 weeks clean. that is awesome.
dont think of it as a diet but a lifestyle change. eat lots of fruits and veggies, turkey and chicken. cut out white processed breads,pastas,cereals. eat whole wheat products
dont eat after 7pm. really cut down on the sweets and processed sugars.
exercise,exercise,exercise. i starting with just walking, a mile a day, it would take me 20 mins . then i would take little running sprints, this i did for about 1 month. as you walk and run you will build up endurance,cardiovascular and strength. do this 4 days a week. every other day is good.bike riding with the kids is also good,i also do a little weight training with only 5 lbs weight, help build muscle and burn fat.
after 3 months of walking and then intermittent running i could run more and walk less. i now can do a 10 minute mile mostly running. i have lost 10 lbs i didnt have that much to lose. be patient,be consistent,have fun,

debbie
i just recently lost 50+ lbs over the course of 6 months. the majority of that loss was in the first 3 months. diet is the best way. exercise is important for over all health, but overweight people generally see the biggest results come from changes in diet.

i drink only water. i cut out burgers almost completely...i've had 3 this year. last year, i had 2 or 3 or 4 a week! cut out a lot of simple carbs and replaced it with complex carbs and protein.

diets produce results, but ultimately learning to eat properly is the way to go. don't call it a  diet.....do something you can live with forever. yo ucan't do a diet forever....can you? so don't even try. start with small changes that you plan to make permanant. when the weight starts falling off, you'll start finding more things to change. my first step was to cut out soda, period. lost 10 pounds by only drinking water!