Can I be addicted to Ambien after only 1 month!?
I was prescribed 10 mg Ambien after having a major back surgery about a month ago. It definitely helped me sleep but now I CRAVE the stupid stuff at night and can't sleep w/o it! In just the short period of time I've been on it, 10 mg stopped working and now I need to take 15 mg to sleep. My boyfriend also told me I had short conversations with him about 2 or 3 times that I dont remember at all.

I attempted last night to stop taking it and went through major withdrawal symptoms...couldnt sleep b/c I was so agitated, got nauseous (didnt vomit though), chills, then broke out in sweat...back and forth all night. Now I just feel like a huge ball of nerves today and cant even leave the house. It was like I was going through detox but I dont think thats even possible after only a month, is it?

Is it really possible to get addicted that quickly to a freakin sleep med? If it is, how long will I feel like this? I thought I'd feel better today but I feel worse. Can anyone offer any advise please?
You are physically dependant..not addicted...your doc should have warned you about this...and that to stop the med, you need to wean off.  Rebound insomnia can occur when stopping the med with or without dependancy...Please call your doctor and let him/her know what's going on..
AMEN!  AMEN!  AMEN!

That was my drug of choice for about 2 years and it nearly killed me.  If I can go back and find my post on it, I will message it to you.  That is not something you need to play around with.
Susan