Addiction: Social Community
Cats

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Cats

I noticed that alot of people on this site (sustance abuse and social) have cats....I also have a cat (KG)....I wonder what thats about ? LOL

My friends really give me alot of **** about my cat....But really that animal has been with me so long that i dont even nthink about him (Shes really a girl) as a cat...More like a part of my family... Is that weird?
Cats are great. They allow you to be in their house with you. LOL
My cat ownership was accidental....she showed up, the tiny little baby that she was, and her mother did not come back for her....she's so freakin' cute, I can't help but smile when I'm with her..  
The obvious conclusion is that...cats cause drug addiction!!! :)

We must hunt them down and...eliminate them!!!
Great advice from a cat forum member. I love it! Just remember, they are the true hunters. LOL
I inherited my dads cat after he passed away.  Never had a cat in my life but this one is really interesting!!!!!  Much easier care than my little old lady beagle.  I read a sign one time and it  said "Dogs have owners......Cats have staff"!!!!  Boy is that true.  Cant imagine my life without the wingnut now!!!!
yep cats are so unique! I love all animals but have always had dogs and cats my entire life for pets. One of the things about a cat: they are so fiercely independant and BRAVE for their size. I cant tell you how many times in my life I have witnessed a cat attack a large dog for various reasons. What other animal have you seen do that? ever seen a mouse walk up and slug a cat? lol  (well, forget Tom & Jerry they were just a cartoon lol)

btw if you've never heard George Carlins take on cats do a google search or on UTUBE for it, its great stuff!
Savas....LMAO
Also,  Did you know that Pickles cause plane crashes?  A survey was taken and 99% of all people involved in a plane crash,  ate a pickle 24 hours prior to the crash.  lol
We have dogs, my wife is allergic to cats, but I like all animals. My boys had steers when they were in 4-H and I loved to go out and talk and be with them. They were a lot like big dogs, the problem was my wife frowned on my wanting to bring them in the house, lol.
My husband is a big, burly, gruff, rugged type, but he just adores his little kitty cat. She lives outside for the most part but sometimes she comes in and snuggles next to him. He has such a gentle manner when it comes to animals. He actually picked up a baby bird who was lost and confused...he has the biggest hands you ever saw, he can't even wear his wedding ring anymore and we would need one made in a special size..so, no, it's not wierd at all to love animals, just shows you have a good heart...=)
Pickles cause plane crashes? Heh heh...that's great. A recent study showed that the one thing to always survive a plane crash is a cute little doll belonging to some little girl.

So they've decided to start making planes entirely out of cute little dolls, as they're the most indestructible thing in the world. ;)

My wife swears she's going to come one here some day and tell you all about what a big hypocrite I am. She finds it incredible that the person (me) who's the CL of the cat forum spends all his spare time trying to think up new recipes involving kitties (cat stew....cat steak...cat flambe...etc) as well as often contemplates the possible uses for their skins... rugs, furniture trimming, cat skinned coats...the endless possibilities!!!

I merely laugh and say my secret is safe...none shall EVER know!!!
my cat is insane...

when he wants attention, rarely is it that he comes up and purrs.  sometimes he will, but usually he comes over and gives me a chomp on the feet.  like, get over here, mom...

that, and he takes his little kitty paws and boxes me in the nose and face in the mornings to get me up to feed him.

he's hysterical...
KG plays fetch imean for real...as many times as you throw she will go get it.
She also only drinks water from running sink.I have to turn the sink on 3-4 times a day.
It is not uncommon at all for her to get into the shower while im in there and then stay in there for a while after im out...She's just not scared of water.

I know it all sounds weird but i think she might be part monkey.
coolio what kinda of cat do you have? I had an Abyssinian who also loved to play fetch and loved water too! He was the best cat i ever had and miss him dearly
My hubby brought this stray kitten to the house around Christmas.  He has always had a dislike for cats, but he said he was so scared a hawk or something would get the poor thing,  I couldn't believe it.  This was also when my Daddy was dying and in and out of the hospital.  It was also close to the time that I decided to get clean.  Let me tell you, that little kitten has brought so much joy and laughter in our house.  Especially during a time when things were dark and tense.  She looks just like my profile picture (that isn't her though).

I love to be sitting on the couch reading and have her jump up on the couch and curl up at my feet.  But I do love my big boxer dog too.  She thinks she is a lap dog and she weighs about 85 pounds.
My husband has never been into cats either, much less wanting a pet at all... and he has fallen for this little kitten we have....he was the one who actually said we should keep her..I couldn't believe it either!  

I'm hoping at some point, we can move her inside...we have a house my husband put together for her at this point, on the porch..but I'd love to have her inside.

I'm workin' on it.... ; )