Addiction: Social Community
Compassion

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Compassion

I have been thinking a lot about compassion in the past year and especially in the past weeks as I went through my detox.  The compassion that you all bestow on this forum is nothing short of inspiring.  It is so easy as human beings for us to judge-others-but mainly ourselves.  If we just realized that we are all connected, that life is fragile and precious-that no one is infallible or exempt.  If we just dig a little bit deeper every day for love and forgiveness for whoever it is that we feel anger or resentment towards by realizing that every person in our life is a mirror of ourselves.  Then I would ask you all to dig a little deeper and show some compassion for the hardest person to love and forgive....Yourself.  I think this goes a long way to healing the destruction of addiction and disease-and all the other human conditions.  Sending much love and compassion to all of you and your families this holiday season....And may 2012 be a healthier, happier, and more compassionate year than the one before......Love Lu
Lulu, what a lovely post. My pastor once told me that the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. I have found that to be true. I have treated myself and talked to myself worse than I ever would anyone else. Yes, we should show compassion and not judge others, and we should also show ourselves the same compassion. Strange how we never consider this.
That's a beautiful sentiment Lulu and it's so true. First, we must forgive ourselves and that's the hardest task of all!

Have a blessed Christmas...