Compassion
I have been thinking a lot about compassion in the past year and especially in the past weeks as I went through my detox.  The compassion that you all bestow on this forum is nothing short of inspiring.  It is so easy as human beings for us to judge-others-but mainly ourselves.  If we just realized that we are all connected, that life is fragile and precious-that no one is infallible or exempt.  If we just dig a little bit deeper every day for love and forgiveness for whoever it is that we feel anger or resentment towards by realizing that every person in our life is a mirror of ourselves.  Then I would ask you all to dig a little deeper and show some compassion for the hardest person to love and forgive....Yourself.  I think this goes a long way to healing the destruction of addiction and disease-and all the other human conditions.  Sending much love and compassion to all of you and your families this holiday season....And may 2012 be a healthier, happier, and more compassionate year than the one before......Love Lu
Lulu, what a lovely post. My pastor once told me that the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. I have found that to be true. I have treated myself and talked to myself worse than I ever would anyone else. Yes, we should show compassion and not judge others, and we should also show ourselves the same compassion. Strange how we never consider this.
That's a beautiful sentiment Lulu and it's so true. First, we must forgive ourselves and that's the hardest task of all!

Have a blessed Christmas...