Addiction: Social Community
Crack smell?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for substance abuse and addiction, please visit our Substance Abuse Addiction Community.

Crack smell?

I was sitting in my living room and first smelled a burning smell.  I then walked back into my bedroom and it smelled like rubber.  I was really confused because I was trying to figure out what the smell was from.  It's not a smell you would get from incense or a candle.  So I did look at some information on this website.  I've smelled the rubber smell in my room before not understanding what it was.

What do you think, burning smell then rubber?  Crack?
Do you live alone? Is there some one else there that would be smoking crack?
snowflake
Avatar n tn
I live in an apartment. i think it is coming from the apartment below me.
It very well could be I would move or look into it for sure!!
Avatar n tn
I agree.  Thanks for your comments.

It's really a problem for me because I have chemical sensitivities, and since this guy moved in I've been getting sicker and sicker.  I can't work now because of my chemical sensitivities.  

So it's a catch 22.  I need a job to have the money to move out, and I can't get a job because I'm too sick from living here.  Really frustrating.  

Thanks again for your help.  I just wanted to know if that smell could be crack.  Not sure what I can do about it anyway.  If I call the police about it, they would know who it was since I live above them.

You could report him to the landlord. I would not involve the law to start with. I believe crack can be addictive by inhaling the smell I could be wrong but that may be your problem who knows.

If it were me just me now I would confront him d@m picking up his bad habits.
Avatar n tn

Interesting.......

thanks.
Could the guy be running a little meth lab? I don't know what it smells like but I know it's got a smell. It also can make you sick and is extremely damgerous, especially if you're living above him. Report it to someone, somehow.
Do something,anything. If if is a "little" meth lab and it blows, well.... Madlyn
flamagi:  I think a meth lab smells like paint thinner.

Lynnster:  I've been around someone smoking crack from a coke can, but cannot recall a smell.  I don't even think it created smoke in the air. Hopefully alien is wrong about getting an addiction from second hand inhaling!

I'd ask the tennant, but would doubt he'd come clean.  I'd probably say something like, "Hey, you don't share your party drugs with your friendly neighbors?"  See how he reacts.

Best Wishes.
Crack is a hard like substance.its smoked by melting it with a lighter.it has a very light faint burnt smell.the bigger quantity used the more smell u get.check for smoke in ur house.if shut up in 1 room while using it ..it gets smoky
I deffinetly agree with the meth theory..now that leaves real dangerous chemical around including in the air